Movies discussion - 2/1/10

• Start date
  • Replies 68 Comments
  • Views 12,565 Views
I enjoyed Inglourious Basterds a lot all the way through. And then I had a big problem with the ending. I don't want to give a spoiler but anyone who has seen it can probably guess what I mean.

Drew Barrymore isn't hot but I'll give it to her in the nastiest way possible only because it's her. Bend her over pull her hair let her scream....... I would enjoy that......

Barrymore = Not Hot in my opinion.

Finally got around to seeing Inglorious Basterds last night. LOVED IT. Since I'm a big Tarentino fan, not sure why I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it, but yeah. 8.75/10 for me.

It was completely badass. It was all I love about movies and art in general - quirkiness, dark humor and a token French hottie. That German villain needs an Oscar or three.

I enjoyed Inglourious Basterds a lot all the way through. And then I had a big problem with the ending. I don't want to give a spoiler but anyone who has seen it can probably guess what I mean.

I had no problem with it. It confirmed the movie as a silly pastiche. Enough style to compensate for the lack of substance.

Another supplementary topic: at this years Oscars there will be 10 Best Picture nominees, double the traditional number.

I would just like to say I hate this idea. it makes the whole concept of an Oscar nomination less meaningful. What's the point? Ghey.

10 nominations is moronic. Just so everyone involved (actors, directors, etc etc) can now be introduced as Oscar Nominated Pauly Shore...or whatever.

Whey Ghey.

Another supplementary topic: at this years Oscars there will be 10 Best Picture nominees, double the traditional number.

I would just like to say I hate this idea. it makes the whole concept of an Oscar nomination less meaningful. What's the point? Ghey.

Seriously, 10 nominees? Just best picture or all categories?

Just Best Picture. I guess they want to make sure District 9 gets nominated? Up? The Hangover?

I have no idea.

Damn Americans mess up everythign!

Haven't felt so good about the movies since the Matrix. No less than two 2009 movies with a wow factor: District 9 and Avatar.

Loving the 3D trend. Alice in Wonderland and the World Cup coming up.

The Hurt Locker - Just came out on DVD awhile ago. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's about an Army bomb squad in Iraq. Excellent.

I heard about this movie a while back and saw it at Blockbuster last weekend. So it is worth renting?

I guess I need to see more movies. I have not watched a single movie that was talked about in this thread.

I heard about this movie a while back and saw it at Blockbuster last weekend. So it is worth renting?

Yes ma'am. Definitely worth the few dollars. This was one of the best I saw all year.

It was completely badass. It was all I love about movies and art in general - quirkiness, dark humor and a token French hottie. That German villain needs an Oscar or three.

This x10

That villain was so amazingly badass. If he doesn't win best supporting actor, I call bullshit, haha.

we rented Hurt Locker last weekend, but I feel asleep in the first 5 mins (not from boredom) and only saw the last 30-35 mins..... the ending didn't make me want to go back and re watch the beginning so I didn't..... It didn't seem like anything special.

Arch, you can't say that about a movie if you didn't watch it in the entirety! But if it has one of those "everything is always alright in the end" type endings, I would feel the same way.