Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,258 Views
Kinda curious now to see the original again. 1955 with Alec Guiness and Peter Sellers. It's been ages since I saw it but I think I liked it quite a bit.

I watched Screwball (2018) Since this is still a sports (?) forum, I thought I would say a few words.

It's a funny, quirky doc about MLB and the Biogenesis PED scandal and the choad who is Alex Rodriguez (and the choad who is Tony Bosch). Silly but informative. 7.7 out of 10

iu

Screwball was wild. Dr. Tony Bosch is the Saul Goodman of sports medicine.

Just came back from seeing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Tarantino movies make me happy - this is more of the same but with a ridiculously deep cast and even more layers of meta movie stuff. I coulda taken a couple more hours of it. Amazeballs.

ATTN:

THE NEW SEASON OF GLOW FEATURES EXTREME BOOBAGE FROM ALL OF THE SMOKE SHOWS ON IT

don’t sleep on glow.

High Flying Bird (2019)

Critics are loving it but I'm not seeing it. The story just doesn't ring true. The whole thing hinges on NBA people reacting to certain things in a way that real-world NBA people simply wouldn't. The performances are good, Soderberg's direction is fine - but the story is hokum IMO.

4.9 out of 10

iu

Screwball was wild. Dr. Tony Bosch is the Saul Goodman of sports medicine.
watched most of that. He actually comes off like the most decent guy of them all. Really dislike that Porter guy, and ARod :eek:
what a scummy celebrity culture. Now I even hate JLo by association

Surprised A-Rod hasn't tried to shut the movie down. It takes his already-destroyed reputation and runs it through the shredder a couple more times for good measure. What a POS.

The doctor cracked me up a bunch of times, especially when he tried to explain the difference between an unlicensed doctor and a fake doctor. Pure Saul Goodman moment.

Is A-Rod's reputation shredded? I feel like it's the highest it's been in ages right now - and continuing to rise. I feel like he is almost totally, inexplicably forgiven, Screwball or no Screwball.

In a super-odd twist, Jeter is now seen by many as a piece of shit - for the way he is handling the Marlins - and A-Rod is almost a darling of the sport.

I'm not saying that is anything but completely stupid, but that is the vibe I am getting these days.

Does any TV show take longer in between seasons than Better Call Saul?

High Flying Bird (2019)

Critics are loving it but I'm not seeing it. The story just doesn't ring true. The whole thing hinges on NBA people reacting to certain things in a way that real-world NBA people simply wouldn't. The performances are good, Soderberg's direction is fine - but the story is hokum IMO.

4.9 out of 10

iu

BTW, apparently this movie was made entirely on Steven Soderberg's phone. Makes no never-mind to me, but some people find that endlessly remarkable.

Season 5 of Peaky Blinders is coming.

We are on season 2. Should we stick with it?

Adrien Brody shows up for a season and decides to do the whole thing in a Marlon Brando impression. That was a bit off-putting. But other than that, fun show!

I watched the series premier of the Righteous Gemstones. I'll try another episode but I seriously doubt it is going anywhere for me.