Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 923,585 Views
:officer:

I'll watch it next, no spoilers pls 😬

better call saul, ozark and narcos take too long

I'll say this about The Righteous Gemstones premier - it had one really funny/interesting scene near the end there. I don't want to give spoilers but I'll say it was something that happens pretty often in TV/movies - but it's always just suggested. But in Gemstones they just went ahead and did it.

It cracked me right up.

It's the main reason I will continue on with another episode or two.

Other than that, I dunno. It's a Danny McBride show more than anything - he writes and co-stars. I'm not sure how I feel about him. Sometimes I just find him hard to look at. But I have to admit, I lasted longer than I expected with Eastbound and Down.

So we'll see about this.

I didn't realize there was a remake of Jacob's Ladder. The ratings and reviews of the new one are hilariously bad but I do remember liking the original quite a bit - and it's been a long time since I saw it - so I am d/l-ing that.

I recently rewatched Jacob's Ladder, expecting it to not have aged very well.

It aged very well.

ATTN:

THE NEW SEASON OF GLOW FEATURES EXTREME BOOBAGE FROM ALL OF THE SMOKE SHOWS ON IT

don’t sleep on glow.

Betty Gilpin's boobage is legendary. Holy fokkin wow. 💯

Joker 2019 final trailer
“When you give me the Oscar, can you introduce me as Joker?”

I've seen the first two episodes of the new season of Peaky Blinders. It's a cool show. That's all there is to it.

Watched Dark Phoenix last night despite the horrible reviews. I find that critics tend to take superhero shit too seriously. Anyway, it wasn't awful, but the acting was stiff for the most part. Felt like the cast didn't want to be there. 4.9 Matty Rains out of 10.

I just saw Dolor y Gloria, Pain and Glory from Spain, Pedro Almodovar's latest film, it came out earlier in the year, I had been marinating this download for awhile

he always tend to put a little of his personal stories in his movies but this one is a full blown auto biographical, for those that have follow his releases it almost seems like a culmination of his story

in simplest form it's about how little bouts (usually of love) in life strongly set a direction, told in different eras of his childhood, adult youth and present day

8.9 matty rains, one point short of nines 'cause I don't know if people will fall right into it if they haven't seen other films of his before, but for someone like me... it almost seems like when I watch this guy's films I'm living a different sort of life then the one I was living when I last saw his previous release and somehow they almost always seem on point to me, but I guess that's why he's a good magician, I specially liked the scenes with his elderly mother, this felt like it was his last movie, I think it comes out in North America in October

I plan to see two more films this year, the one with DiCaprio in Hollywood and the Joker one at the theater

It Part II

Don’t waste your money seeing this in the theater. Disjointed, eye rolly, long ass film with a couple of good scares.

3.75 Trons out of 10.

Sad to see Steve Croft is leading 60 Minutes.
He will be missed. I really enjoyed the tribute of sorts that aired tonight.

Season 3 of The Deuce has begun.

In other news, the Downton Abbey movie comes out on Friday.

Saved by the Bell reboot in 2020:

When California governor Zack Morris gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools, he proposes they send the affected students to the highest-performing schools in the state—including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the overprivileged Bayside kids a much needed and hilarious dose of reality.