Movies and TV

MrX

never had an intact pistachio club
Us was pretty terrible.

It would have been better if he wasn't trying for anything extra to be going on and just gave us a horror, but instead he just tortured a metaphor for class divides for 2 hours. Metaphors have to make some sort of sense in the world that they're being set it in order to work. Terrible.

I loved Get Out.

Tron

Hmmmmm interesting. I thought Get Out was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen in the theater. I kept looking around wondering if someone was going to jump out and say, “JUST KIDDING WE’RE GONNA START THE REAL FILM NOW HAHA!!” I know a lot of people who thought it was great, though.

MrX

never had an intact pistachio club
Thought Get Out was great and was looking forward to Us. 🤔 Might still give it a try.
I mean, it has some good visuals, some great performances, and a few laughs. It's not good, though. Give it a try.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Don't go by me. It's one of my least favorite genres and I shouldn't even be looking at it.

I got the idea it might rise above the genre - but nope. It's right there in it.

It really had no chance with me.

Matty

Toe Toucher
Well, I just watched Us. Not sure I understand the whole mimicing thing. At least Get Out's supernatural bits made sense.

My takeaway is that I want to boink Lupita Nyong'o. :handshake:

max headroom

RIP Mac
I was told this is good by someone cool. Going to take a look when I get a chance.

Got a couple dates lined up a little ways out with very cool women, maybe I'll do that with one of one of them, or I think it'll more likely be dinner and wine. Whatever she wants to do actually. The other is going to be a minigolf thing as prior discussed.

This movie does look cool.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Narcos Mexico was another quality entry in the Narcos series. Very good.

They did a great job of teasing the next season too. Looking forward to that.

Blitty

I’m officially watching The Office series for first time.

Currently into season 3.

More decent than I thought it would be.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Next on the TV show watchlist for me: Freaks and Geeks (1999). I've been hearing about how it's a 1-season gem ever since it came out.

Time to see for myself.