Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 923,620 Views
Us was pretty terrible.

It would have been better if he wasn't trying for anything extra to be going on and just gave us a horror, but instead he just tortured a metaphor for class divides for 2 hours. Metaphors have to make some sort of sense in the world that they're being set it in order to work. Terrible.

I loved Get Out.

Hmmmmm interesting. I thought Get Out was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen in the theater. I kept looking around wondering if someone was going to jump out and say, “JUST KIDDING WE’RE GONNA START THE REAL FILM NOW HAHA!!” I know a lot of people who thought it was great, though.

Thought Get Out was great and was looking forward to Us. 🤔 Might still give it a try.

Thought Get Out was great and was looking forward to Us. 🤔 Might still give it a try.

I mean, it has some good visuals, some great performances, and a few laughs. It's not good, though. Give it a try.

Don't go by me. It's one of my least favorite genres and I shouldn't even be looking at it.

I got the idea it might rise above the genre - but nope. It's right there in it.

It really had no chance with me.

Well, I just watched Us. Not sure I understand the whole mimicing thing. At least Get Out's supernatural bits made sense.

My takeaway is that I want to boink Lupita Nyong'o. :handshake:

I was told this is good by someone cool. Going to take a look when I get a chance.

Got a couple dates lined up a little ways out with very cool women, maybe I'll do that with one of one of them, or I think it'll more likely be dinner and wine. Whatever she wants to do actually. The other is going to be a minigolf thing as prior discussed.

This movie does look cool.

Narcos Mexico was another quality entry in the Narcos series. Very good.

They did a great job of teasing the next season too. Looking forward to that.

I’m officially watching The Office series for first time.

Currently into season 3.

More decent than I thought it would be.

Speaking of The Wizard of Oz . . . the fuck is up with these hinkey motherfuckers anyway?

isiah-whitlock-jr_l.jpeg

sheeeiiiiiiiiit

Next on the TV show watchlist for me: Freaks and Geeks (1999). I've been hearing about how it's a 1-season gem ever since it came out.

Time to see for myself.

. . . aaaaaand I'm not going anywhere with Freaks and Geeks. I did 2 episodes and I think that's it. It doesn't seem horrible - just not for me.

And just to tie a ribbon on an earlier matter, I tried Crazy Rich Asians but let it go after ~20 minutes.