Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,294 Views
I have a really bad feeling they're just gonna go completely people-pleasing with it. Meaning Arya kills Dany. John Snow rules the kingdom with great benevolence and virtue. The end.

I liked edgier Game of Thrones.

But I could be wrong.

-You're the reason I survived my childhood.
-No.
-Yes.
:hug:

oscar-statue_rev1.jpg

-I want our child to live.
-Look at me. Nothing else matters.

:rolleyes:

The actor playing Jaime is plain bad. He just had the perfect looks.

In HBO's defense though, how the fuck do you end a story like that. George is probably happy to have dumped the task on someone else.

It does feel like D&D had better things to do than finish GoT properly. 🤷‍♂️

I'm fine with the outcomes, but Jesus fuck did they take massive shortcuts. There was easily two full seasons' worth of material in S8.

Need a spin-off with drogon in present day America.

Working in a cubicle and making jokes about politics.

I remember complaining how there were huge chunks of earlier seasons that just felt like filler. Vast amounts of time devoted to showing Dany administrating in Mereen and whatnot.

And I was all like, what is this? Game of Administrators? Let's get this show on the road! Let's throw down and do what we came here to do!

But now they've done that, I think I liked the filler better.

The journey was better than the arrival.

Gotta agree with most of what Ben says here
John's character turned super simp the past season. Previous he has such a awesome character arc.

My final thoughts on the two producers over the past two seasons

I wonder which of the actors from GoT will have the most successful career.

Referring of course to ones who don't already have notable careers - which is most of the main guise except Peter Dinklage. Not talking about supporting guise who already had careers on the go when they showed up (Jim Broadbent, Ciaran Hinds, Natalie Dormer, Ian McShane etc). Not talking about them.

I'm talkin' who will go the furthest building offa that???

Not Jon Snow, I would say, for starters.

I rewatched the first three episodes of S1. The whole show was much edgier back then. It looked like ass (tons of harsh artificial lighting) but it was full of c-words and boobies and unexpected gore. Good times.

I guess Sophie Turner (Sansa) might have a decent career post-GoT. I could see her getting some movie roles. Not that I think she revealed amazingly promising acting chops but people seem to think she's really hot.

I sure don't but some people are completely gaga.

The one guy who stood out for me a few times was Sam. He clearly doesn't have leading-man looks though. Maybe he could have a Rhys Ifans-like career.

Maisie Williams is hard to judge. She was not particularly good for a lot of the time we saw her - but she was just a kid. She got better as she matured but then she grew into this odd little troll-woman. Maybe she'll be alright once she loses the mullet.

Oh hey, I see there's a second season of Fleabag out. I can't remember if anyone else here was into it.

It seems so long since season 1. Yeah I see it was Sept. 2016. I'll have to see if I can find a good synopsis because the details are foggy. I just remember it was good. And it had a supporting role by now-Oscar-winner Olivia Colman.

I think Mr. X was into it. If it's the one with the tart with the English accent. :hey: I lasted 3 minutes

Oh hey, I see there's a second season of Fleabag out. I can't remember if anyone else here was into it.

It seems so long since season 1. Yeah I see it was Sept. 2016. I'll have to see if I can find a good synopsis because the details are foggy. I just remember it was good. And it had a supporting role by now-Oscar-winner Olivia Colman.

First few episodes are excellent.

Looking forward to rest of season.