Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 939,250 Views
Season 2 of Letterkenny coming out December 25th.

:megaman:

I'm waiting to enjoy these. The first season was hilarious once you get into the dialogue and the whole rhythm of the thing.

Interesting sub note: Letterkenny is a ghost town in Ontario located not too far from my cabin here. It's about 60km away.

Season 2 of Humans was pretty striking. No question I will be hanging around for #3.

Tried The OA. Gave up midway through Ep. 2. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't grab me. :dunno:

Just saw Why Him?

A few really good ROFLCOPTER scenes.

6.4 blittittitttittties

I recently watched all of Wrench Against the Machine, which is a competition reality show where two custom motorcycle shops have to take a stock bike and customize it in their own style. I don't ride (or really know anything about) motorcycles, but I enjoyed it a lot. There is only one season currently; it feels like the kind of show that is too niche to catch on, sadly.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up Gil, had heard about it before it was out but didn't know it was released. :moped:

Natalie Portman's whole body is a monument.

natalie-portman-fit-body-looks-amazing-from-pilates-05.jpg

Yes, she's perfectly lean and possibly mean, but word on the street says monument might be going a bit to far! :dunno:

Matty, you possibly might be watching too much TV! :dunno:

Oooh, thanks for the heads up Gil, had heard about it before it was out but didn't know it was released. :moped:

Would be interested in hearing a motorcycle rider's opinion on it. The guys on the show seem legit but I'm a motorcycle ignoramus :dunno:

natalie-portman-fit-body-looks-amazing-from-pilates-05.jpg

Yes, she's perfectly lean and possibly mean, but word on the street says monument might be going a bit to far! :dunno:

Matty, you possibly might be watching too much TV! :dunno:

Watch Black Swan and get back to me, PAL.

No doubt attractive young lady, but monument! Only in the movies fellas!

Loving (2016) - Is it possible for a movie to be aggressively understated? This is that movie.

It's good. It's a nice story - leading to the 1967 Supreme Court case of Loving v. Virginia - regarding the illegality of interracial marriages - and you know that the right side is going to win and there will be another setback to the cause of backwards dipshittery.

But it is just so absent of action. It's a simple married couple trying to raise a family and live their lives. He goes to work while she stays home with the kids. And that's what the movie shows. Pretty low on the rewatchability scale I have to think.

But it's good.

7 out of 10.

loving-trailer-movie-joel-edgerton-0.jpg

letter-kenny-_gallery_-day-21june-23iden-ford_149-e1454709847540.jpg

You know, not to be impolite, but sometimes a gal will do some kissin' on the ears - which makes me uncomfortable - because even though I clean my ears - sometimes a tater will just roll outta there unexpected.

:biglaugh: We had the in-laws watch season 1 of Letterkenny last night. They laughed a little bit but not nearly as much as the wife and I did. I think they were put off by the constant barrage of obscenities. :biglaugh:

Could be. Ruth Negga. I know her as Tulip from Preacher (which I stopped watching but yap.)

I thought she was pretty good in Loving, not great. There is some buzz about her getting major award noms - and I know there is extreme pressure to nominate black people for stuff - but I wouldn't vote for her. Sorry. But she was okay.

I am a big Viola Davis fan. I am also a Denzel fan. Those feel like a couple of legit contenders this year. I'll check out Fences soon.

The Nice Guys (2016) - Pretty fun movie. Basic, not-too-deep entertainment with some LOL moments and reasonable chemistry between the two principles. Plus the young girl was great; she kinda stole the show. I could easily see there being a Nice Guys 2 - which is not quite as good - and then a Nice Guys 3 - which is less good still.

But this was okay.

7.1 out of 10.

nice-guys-movie-crowe-gosling-angourie-rice.jpg