Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 947,650 Views
Watched the first two episodes last night. Felt fairly predictable. Feels like a one (season) and done for me.

New season of The Affair is off to a very bad start for me. Apart from the usual ongoing angst, they have introduced a new character - Juliette - college Professor over from France - I find very unappealing. I was hoping she would be a one episode thing but no, it seems like she is going to be a main character.

Hanging by a thread once again, The Affair.

omg, I think I was just watching an all black anti-Trump Christmas special on Fox.

Through 6 episodes of Westworld and about to quit. There's so much shit going on and they need to consolidate some of these storylines like NOW. I'm at 80% one season and done probability. Eff this trash.

Through 6 episodes of Westworld and about to quit. There's so much shit going on and they need to consolidate some of these storylines like NOW. I'm at 80% one season and done probability. Eff this trash.

:up:

Now don't be a traitor and change your mind like Matty!

Consolidation awaits. Soldier through, bonerballs.

Also... Is Westworld just the Matrix? I think this is just the Matrix.

They had Wayne Gretzky on The Simpsons.

Uselessest. Cameo. Ever.

And fuck The Affair. Stupid fucking show.

It's so pointless. They go to these great lengths to show how different people perceive the same situation in different ways.

The Rashomon effect as it were.

So fine. That's true. They go way too far with it and have ridiculously huge differences of perception that would never happen instead of more plausible subtleties - but again, whatever, it's a sort of an interesting concept I guess.

Except it never means anything. Shit just keeps crawling along - and these differences of perception have no effect on anything.

It's just shit they show for the sake of showing shit.

Well they sucked me in for 2 seasons but I'm out.

Looks like this is what's next from Christopher Nolan.

He has been on a gradual but steady downslope for me for quite awhile but I have always felt he is capable of doing something I really love and maybe this is it.

A lot of people are very excited/offended that Harry Styles is in it. Some strong opinions on the presence of Harry Styles.

I don't know who that is.

:mudcat:

We're going to see Rogue One today with the little men.

We're going to see Rogue One today with the little men.

Very entertaining second half of the film. The first half was generally meh/confusing.

I enjoyed the movie Eye in the Sky (2015). I didn't notice much of a splash when it came out and I felt no urgency to see it, but I finally got around to it.

It's good. Stuff to think about. Some very interesting moral/ethical dilemmas raised. Military versus political agendas. There were also some fascinating details about the tools of modern warfare.

Nice to see Alan Rickman. Must have been one of his last roles.

Not flawless. Some things had to be simplified. I had a problem with Jessie Pinkman and his sidekick.

Pretty good though. 7.4 out of 10

eye-in-the-sky-576504a560c02.jpg

I gave Hail Caesar a second viewing. I hate to do it but I have to. I have to go thumbs down.

I didn't after the first viewing, and every part of me wants to give the Coens every benefit of the doubt - but this movie just doesn't come together. It's like a decision was never reached on tone. Some of the stuff that was supposed to be funny just plain bellyflops.

I get that it's a love letter to an era in film - and I happen to have a love for that era too - but the delivery was not cohesive.

Did anyone else here see it? What did you think.

Dropping my rating from 6.1 to 4.9

quit watching halfway through. I don't remember which part exactly made me say "I can take it no more" but definitely not good

The OA on Netflix

Started slow but I'm fully into it after 3 episodes

8 out of 10 Trons

:moped: