Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 933,858 Views
I agree it was a very disappointing snooze fest but I'm not giving up because of 1 bad episode in a great season.

I guess Homeland has burned me too much for me to give it more of a chance. Yes the season was good but they had a whole season and a half that was a stinker (Dana debacle) so i am out.

The Affair season finale - if anybody else is watching - SPOILER ALERT

I found the differences in recollection between Noah and Alison of the events at the Lockhart house pretty preposterous. Some subtle differences I can understand and would even expect, but such radical discrepancies in dramatic life-shaking events that would be burned into your head - it's an eye-roller.

Unless they're up to something more than just depicting memories and perspectives. Maybe they are dramatizing actual lies in testimony? That seems dubious in that Noah's seems more incriminating of himself. But it's possible I guess.

I dunno what they're up to. I suspect they have just done something preposterous and we're supposed to accept it and that's it.

All I can say is, if ever there was something that feels like a red herring, it is Noah's arrest.

Wes Anderson. I dunno.

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014). It was a very typical Wes Anderson experience for me. There were many more instances where I had an intellectual recognition that, "He is being funny right now," than actual laughs.

It seems like this movie is considered his best but why that is, I don't understand. Just seems like more of the the usual stuff to me.

It's okay. It is so hard to find comedy that works for me, I am grateful for the attempt. It is amusing.

6 out of 10 ??? :dunno:

Many people are in it.

48790_original.jpg

Movies like that tend to be like those rock and roll performances where you can have 10 of the best artists of the past 40 years on stage at the same time performing the same song together and it's supposed to be awesome because it's them.

What happens is, it's not awesome.

Hmmm, maybe I should have had a spoiler alert before showing the casket pic ??

Ehhh, it happens very early.

I have always found Wes Anderson to be a failed wannabe Coen brother. Well, that's a bit harsh. 6 out of 10 is not a bad rating coming from me.

Some people really love him - and they know who they are. This should work for them in spades. It's very highly rated. In fact it is the #181 movie of all time as we speak, sitting among Sin City and Annie Hall and The Princess Bride and There Will be Blood.

Don't necessarily listen to me.

So The Interview will be released on Xmas day but in 200 theatres rather than the originally planned 3000. Some of the theatres are treating it like a patriotism extravanganza and will be having special menus including Freedom Fries and Apple Pie.

Because Sony is the same thing as the government? Or something?

Will be doing the Godfather 1&2 all day pasta/wine fest some time this next week as is tradition

Good time usually enjoyed by all

Leave the gun, take the canoli

Elf (2003) - Infinitely rewatchable modern Christmas classic. Goes great with Crown Royal and Coke.

15.5 Angry Peter Dinklages out of 20

BTW for those who aren't paying attention, i.e. pretty much all of you minus Muddy, 20 Angry Peter Dinklages = 10 Matty Rains

Takes more Peter Dinklages. 'cause he's a little wee person.

Carry on.