Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 933,147 Views
I need to see BIRDMAN NOW

NOW

someone MAKE THAT SHIT HAPPEN

Never heard of Into the Woods. Appears to be some kind of mash-up of a whole bunch of common fairy tales. Cinderella, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood and whatnot. Mashed together as a musical.

I do not see myself rushing out for that.

I keep forgetting that David Fincher directed Gone Girl. Man that is a long way down from Se7en.

yeah well se7en does not hold a candle to Fight Club's asshole

FightClubPunch.gif

Really did not find Boyhood that great. I guess I said this already awhile back.

Off the charts for novelty value but actually entertaining? Meh.

I just learned that Colin Hanks (37) is Tom Hanks (58)'s son. Who'da thunk?

:mrquincy:

Got a good feeling about The Imitation Game.

Bad feeling about The Theory of Everything.

Good feeling about Birdman.

Puzzled skepticism but will definitely watch Foxcatcher.

Want to see The Grand Budapest Hotel but I have gotten used to not loving Wes Anderson as much as I'm supposed to.

Meanwhile Ridley Scott's new epic, Exodus: Gods and Kings is obviously not getting the reaction he hoped for.

Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - Surprisingly good. Like Groundhog Day with lots of guns, mechs, aliens and a TIGHT Emily Blunt.

Thoroughly enjoyable and surprisinly clear for a time-travel movie.

8 Matty Rains out of a possible 10

Didn't much care for it. It didn't do anything interesting that wasn't covered in Groundhog Day, as far as I'm concerned. A bit too flawed in the logic department for no good reason. Meh.

Predestination (2014) - Can't say too much about this without spoiling it. In a weird coincidence, the same actor plays a scientist working on time-travel-related stuff in both this movie and Edge of Tomorrow.

8.1 Matty Rains

But I loved this. Holy shit, what a fucked-up, tight little ball of time-travel plot. And, just the right emotional heart to it, that you don't want to pick at the logic of the whole thing. Very effective on me, anyway.

Most enjoyable thing that I've seen in awhile.

whatever you do, dont watch predestination with your gf... you will be stuck trying to explain things the entire movie.. then you will have to reexplain the entire movie... then you will have to read her a detailed explanation of the plot and then try to explain it some more...

just stay away from this one

Enemy (2013) - I decided to watch this on a plane a few weeks ago because it was the $.99 movie on itunes. I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I have a theory but the ending was so sudden that I still question what I am thinking about it. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as a professor that watches a movie and notices an actor that is his exact twin. He tracks the guy down and things get weird from there.

I think the premise was interesting and it started to build a story but at some point it kind of fell flat. I give it 6 out of 10....

Has anyone else watched this movie? If so, I would love to hear thoughts...

whatever you do, dont watch predestination with your gf... you will be stuck trying to explain things the entire movie.. then you will have to reexplain the entire movie... then you will have to read her a detailed explanation of the plot and then try to explain it some more...

just stay away from this one

The movie or girls with an iq less than 70?