Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 940,030 Views
The fokken Newsroom tho.

Several cringe-worthy episodes in a row culminating in particularly brutal effort this past weekend. Heavy-handed, eye-rollable crap. That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more.

Or however that goes.

Such a schizophrenic show. Occasionally it has such excellent points to make in the area of social/political/media commentary and criticism. But the smugness and glibness of delivery, and the contrivances and this weird thing with having every single character share one personality. Ugh!

I think there are only a few episodes left but fok it anyway. I'm out.

We need cami's input here. No offense but she's the reliable one in the couple.

The movie wasn't what I had expected from the trailer. I thought it would be far more suspenseful then what it actually was. It honestly felt like a bit of a let down. Gylanhal played his roll well, as usual, I will give it that. The movie started out very slow and boring, but I stuck in there. It did pick up and was slightly more action packed...well as "action packed" as a dull movie can get, but then it also became very predictable, and near the end, plenty of eye rolling moments. It wasn't a terrible movie, but wasn't great either, something I don't see myself watching again. Normally I can get into a movie and this one, not so much. The more I think about it, I think I'd give a 5.8. Again, not terrible, but nothing special either.

I am not a fan of predictable movies, nor am I fan of movies that are meant to be serious in any manner, and then have beyond cheesy moments. edit that shit out. There are just a couple scenes near the end that had they not been there, I probably would have liked it a little more.

If you're interested in watching this flick, go for it, but don't go into it with high expectations.

Gylenhal peaked taking it up the butt from Ledger in Brokeback

Up the butt peaking acting career

it's a thing

The Affair

We like it so far (3 episodes)

I like the different perspective thing they do.

#InDepthReview

Now that I'm done with The Newsroom, that's about all I got left that I watch (other than The Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park which seem like more a matter of inertia than anything.)

I guess Shameless will be back at some point fairly soon. What else? Mad Men? VEEP?

Nothing I got a whole lot of enthusiasm about.

More of The Knick has still gotta be a fair ways off. I'm running out of TV.

Shameless and House of Lies begin January 11th.

Downton Abbey and Justified must be coming at some point.

Better Call Saul.

Game of Thrones further down the line.

I can't even remember if I watched Masters of Sex up until the end of the most recent season or I gave up on it. It was hanging by a thread. It would be awhile before there was more anyway.

Running out of TV.

im still trying to figure out how nobody kicks the fucking shit out of gyllenhaal in that flick... guy is an amazing douche

and how do they not confront him after he moved that one body like 10ft on the road in order to get a better camera angle :clueless: lot of silly things in these movies these days...

it was just odd enough to keep me interested.

dumb and dumber 2 was awful... i know i didnt need to watch it in order to come to this conclusion, but it was brutal

watched something else last week too... but cant remember what it was :dunno:

When's the Downton Abbey Christmas Special?

Never mind, found it. Christmas Day.

im still trying to figure out how nobody kicks the fucking shit out of gyllenhaal in that flick... guy is an amazing douche

and how do they not confront him after he moved that one body like 10ft on the road in order to get a better camera angle :clueless: lot of silly things in these movies these days...

it was just odd enough to keep me interested.

Yeah same my money was on him being murdered, incarcerated or both but no (spoiler) the company expands and he marches on. It felt unsatisfying. They definitely didn't make you pull for the guy.

i would have liked to see an awkward sex scene... its pissing me off the more i think about it

haha right I mean he cornered her into it give us the goods