Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 940,091 Views
I'm not sure I'd recognize and older me, but I'm especially challenged in that department.

Just reread the story. I'm a little bit amazed by how clever it is, and how slick the prose is. Sci-fi writers, Douglas Adams excluded, tend to be really bland in the style department.

Had never heard of this Heinlein guy before.

I hate him a little bit.

I had never heard of him, either, but I guess he was kind of a big deal in sci-fi. He wrote Starship Troopers, although the movie was apparently a pretty loose adaptation.

I'm gonna pick a novel and read it, maybe Stranger in a Strange Land.

Gone Girl was quite the thrill ride. That is all I'll say.

8.2 Hitchcocks out of 10

See,your 8.2 makes me want to see it but I've had more than one person tell me that this film is chock full of eyeroll moments.

I hate eye roll moments

Hmmm, fellow cops? Maybe. There's a thing that seemed completely ridiculous but you'd have to be in forensics to know.

Actually two things, both involving blood.

I enjoyed the twists and turns. And I don't expect every little detail to be true-to-life. This is story-telling.

It's a dumb movie that's extremely well-made. I would've chosen a foxier female lead but that's just me. Affleck was quite good.

I am one of the eyeroll moments people. Got it rated 4 out of 10. Rating it in terms of Hitchcocks is apt to me as I consider him one of the most over-rated figures in film history and the king of the eyerolls.

Jenny didn't think much of of it either - and she is not the same sort of movie watcher as me. Fair to say, she considers me a bit of a pain in the ass with my critical view of things. But no, she was rolling her eyes too.

Anyway, Gone Girl is currently sitting at 8.4 on imdb - the #88 movie of all time. And people love Hitchcock.

I think it works best if you approach it as a dark comedy. If you're anal-retentive about every little detail's plausibility, it's a ginormous shit show.

Alice! :love:

e8qo2tD.jpg

+1 Never saw Luther but that's also Alison on The Affair!

the-affair_612x380.jpg

Penultimate episode of Season 1 of The Affair tonight. Finale next week.

It would be cool if something happened in at least one of them.

Bacon predicts those are the light blue American Spirits she has there

Those are the best cigs

Has anybody seen - and have any comments - on the movie Win Win?

win_win01.jpg

That looks like a watch poster Mudcat no one plays a loser better than Paul Giamatti

thank you

Well don't thank me. I got no idea about it except that I recorded it.

Currently watching one of the X-Men movies. The third one, I would estimate? 4th maybe?

There are a lot of people in it.

Third one is The Last Stand. Fourth one would be First Class, if you exclude the first Wolverine movie.

you were already thanked

I refuse to take it back