Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 939,775 Views
I'm still struggling with the different time-travel principles/hypotheses. The self-consistency principle, wherein the thing/person sent back in time was always part of history, does not jive with me.

I like the multiple universes theory better. Whatever you send back or forward in time just creates its own separate universe. You could thus go back in time and kill your own dad without creating a paradox. You just killed your dad in that one universe.

Yeah, I can live with that. :handshake:

On our list this weekend Seven (Bacon has a tough time believing anyone hasn't seen this but then again how young was cami when this came out?) and Predestination.

Thanks fellas.

About the watch The Theory of Everything.

Sappy shit. 30 mins in. Do not recommend so far.

ffs Machu I don't see us starting it

Looking forward to reqatching Seven w Cami tonight

Was it THAT good? Does it hold up?

Se7en? Haven't seen the whole thing in a while but I bet it's still a solid watch.

sry rogie whites only you can watch driving miss daisy in the back

The Theory of Everything (2014) - Pretty interesting review of Hawking's life, but overly sappy and hollywoodian. They conveniently stopped the movie before covering SH's second marriage to his abusive nurse.

Coulda used more science.

Lead actor was terrific. Prolly gonna win some trophies for this shit.

7.8 Mattys

Not sure you would enjoy it.

Now watching Gone Girl.

Babay has a fever, lazy day.

looking forward to your review of that thing

feel better, minimatty nice move doing it on the weekend while you're young

Currently watching District 9 which is my 2nd watch of that. I am finding it very good actually. I was left with a somewhat bad taste from my first viewing because of what I consider a major flaw. I know that flaw is still there and will become more and more major as things go along. Just a really big logic issue. But that aside, it's a pretty well done movie for that sort of thing.

We'll see if I feel any differently about the flaw this time around.

Do y'all know the flaw I'm talking about?

Gone Girl was quite the thrill ride. That is all I'll say.

8.2 Hitchcocks out of 10

felt that way for about 80 minutes.

then came the rest.

Hehe. Now you can read the short story, it's one ingenious bit of writing.

http://faculty.uca.edu/rnovy/Heinlein--All you zombies.htm

Nice.

I'm not crazy about what the movie did with the ending, both what they added and what they left out.

I wish they had left in the solipsistic "where'd all you zombies come from?" sentiment from the story.

I love what the movie did with the dialog, the emotional development of the Unmarried Mother, and the small changes to the time machine and time-jump special effects.

I thought the short story was less sad without the bomber, but adding that part does correct a flaw in the story:

Without the explosion and disfiguration, wouldn't the character recognize himself at the bar?