Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 941,308 Views
Currently watching a Nicolas Cage movie. That hasn't happened in a long time.

It's called Color Out of Space. From 2019.

Just so we're clear, I'm not recommending it. It had some semi-okay moments early on but has gotten increasingly shaky ever since.

Reckon I'll finish it though. It's got pretty good numbers on RT so maybe something happens.

Not counting on it though.

Anyway, just wanted to say: Nicolas Cage - he still exists.

10 episodes into The Wire S1. So good.

Episode 10 is when lesbian cop Kima gets shot during the failed buy-bust with Orlando the scheming club owner. Anyway, that whole sequence has got to be one of the most tense in the history of TV. I knew what was going to happen all along and I was still stunned by it.

I didn't think i'd be interested at all in another Chicago Bulls documentary.

checked in for a few minutes of The Last Dance and was hooked in.

Loved the vintage behind the scenes Clips of Michael when he was a rookie. Living in his tiny little townhouse ect.

I'l be tuning into to all of them now

I think you can only watch on Netflix OUTSIDE of the US

will be 2 more episodes every sunday night for the next 3-4 weeks?

Oh weird. I got a notification on my phone yesterday.

Can’t wait for Season 6 of Better Call Saul in 2023.

lol. Everyone on BCS look so much older now. Don Eladio is wrinkled as all fuck.

Finished The Wire S1 last night. I'm still in awe of this show - it never goes for cheap twists, everything about the plot is logical, no silly flashbacks and flash-forwards, just the most detailed and immersive story-telling I've ever seen on TV.

Gaddamn it's good.

9.1 Matty Rains out of 10. It's too bad the first couple episodes are a bit wonky - I think it has prevented a lot of people from getting into it.

Currently watching a Nicolas Cage movie. That hasn't happened in a long time.

It's called Color Out of Space. From 2019.

Just so we're clear, I'm not recommending it. It had some semi-okay moments early on but has gotten increasingly shaky ever since.

Reckon I'll finish it though. It's got pretty good numbers on RT so maybe something happens.

Not counting on it though.

Anyway, just wanted to say: Nicolas Cage - he still exists.

He's made like 781 movies over the last three years. My old roommate went down that rabbit hole hard... called it "getting in the cage with Nic Cage".

The vast majority were certifiably awful. "211" is, objectively, the worst movie I've ever seen. But he also has a handful of so-bad-they-are-good ones, including "Between Worlds".

Then a few just surprisingly decent ones, like "Mom and Dad".

Getting in the cage is worth a shot, if you are brave.

Mrs. America on Hulu looks great. Care Blanchett and the guy that played Roger Sterling. Anyone seen it yet?