Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 947,195 Views
Uncut Gems too. Another one that was pretty well received in the movie-going community, but for me - naw. Except unlike The Invisible Man which I come in at a minimal thumbs up, Uncut Gems is an easy thumbs down.

Uncut Gems too. Another one that was pretty well received in the movie-going community, but for me - naw. Except unlike The Invisible Man which I come in at a minimal thumbs up, Uncut Gems is an easy thumbs down.

I thought Uncut Gems was the 2nd best movie last year next to Parasite

I thought Uncut Gems was the 2nd best movie last year next to Parasite

I came extremely close to walking out of Uncut Gems. It was the worst film I’ve payed to see in a theater in at least 3 years.

And I wanted to love it. I was so pumped to see it.

The opening music went for about 10 minutes too long. And that’s the first of about 20 complaints I have about the movie.

The only thing that I thought they did well was the closing scene.

I wouldn’t dream of watching it again.

But I get that films are subjective.

Oh and @Casperwaits , mudcat is not reading your posts. He has 40% of the forum (Including me) blocked for perceived wrongdoings. The narcissism is strong in him.

I know because it’s strong in me as well.

I don't know if that's true. But I can see how you might get that idea.
:thinking: actually there may be something in particular with Casper during that Caligirl saga.
I think Mr.X said we should watch that, but I don't think I can handle 10 minutes of an opening song

But you know what really sucked that I watched recently? "21"
Maan, it's bad enough that they turned the whole story into some fucked up student stiffing his friends and seeking revenge on his teacher theme. But they didn't even show Big Player strategy (which was a great concept at the time) correctly :boo:

Oh and @Casperwaits , mudcat is not reading your posts. He has 40% of the forum (Including me) blocked for perceived wrongdoings. The narcissism is strong in him.

I know because it’s strong in me as well.

Yeah I know he’s had me blocked for awhile. I am counterblocking his block by pretending he can read my responses. I’m nutty like that lol.

I like movies that take chances. I appreciated Uncut Gems very much. I can see why it could turn off some people though.

Daft needs to make a sub-forum informing us who is blocked and whose is non-blocked.

Daft needs to make a sub-forum informing us who is blocked and whose is non-blocked.

Blitty, has me thinking! Wondering if you ever been cock-blocked? :dunno:

flexing.gif

Finally saw Green Book last night. Really good, a little formulaic in spots (but what isn't at this point). Still enjoyed it.

7.9/10

Finally saw Green Book last night. Really good, a little formulaic in spots (but what isn't at this point). Still enjoyed it.

7.9/10

Prolly one of the best movies I've ever seen.

I need to see Parasite still. But I'm not watching that Tiger King shit. Nope. No way Blitty.

I need to see Parasite still. But I'm not watching that Tiger King shit. Nope. No way Blitty.

I need to find the link to the Tiger King podcast from last year. It dove deep into the story in ways the Netflix series quite didn’t.

10 episodes into The Wire S1. So good.

The Blind Boys of Alabama's version of Way Down In The Hole is only second to The Sopranos theme song as my favorite TV jingle of all time.

10 episodes into The Wire S1. So good.

The Blind Boys of Alabama's version of Way Down In The Hole is only second to The Sopranos theme song as my favorite TV jingle of all time.

That brings up a cool question.
Top 10 TV theme songs of all time.

My personal favorites

1.Sopranos
2. The Greatest American Hero
3.Cheers
4.NFL on CBS
5. WKRP In Cincinnati
6. Jeopardy
7.Scrubs
8.Gary Shandling Show
9.Monkees
10. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Keep in mind, as a huge Tom Waits fan, The Wire theme song holds a separate place in my heart when I hear it.