Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 942,529 Views
Resident Evil Retribution - Not afraid to admit that I've been a fan since the very beginning of the series. Dumb slasher/zombie/corporate-conspiracy movies that don't pretend to be anything else. The dialogue is flat when it's not embarrassingly bad, but who cares. It's all about the visual experience and the ridiculous slo-mo action scenes.

This latest installment goes for an ostensible B-movie presentation. The zombies don't even stick to zombie conventions in this one - they're running and kicking like they're merely enraged humans. It looks extra-cheesy, in a good way.

If you're not a fan, you're not a fan. Don't bother. To me this is dumb entertainment done perfectly right.

7.3 Matty Rains

yeah Muddy, I remember seeing ad for it. Forgot all about it till now. Looks kind of good until they start forcing some kind of unrealistic scheme, plot that drains all the fun out of the movie. At least that's what typically happens :dunno:

Apparently Laura Prepon of That 70's Show gets topless in it. It was specifically mentioned in the review I saw.

I appreciate those sorts of heads-ups. I don't give a crap about Laura Prepon specifically but sometimes there is someone I am interested in who gets nekkid for the first time - I like to know about it.

Maybe someone here is hot for Laura Prepon and I am doing the forum a service by passing on the info.

It's all good.

Watched Driving Miss Daisy (1989) on the weekend.

Wunnerful, wunnerful film. Love it. Deserving Best Picture winner imo.

Had to go look up who won Best Actor over Morgan Freeman that year. It was Daniel Day-Lewis for My Left Foot. Okay, guess I can't begrudge.

8.2 out of 10.

The Voice!

subsubnbc-articleLarge.jpg

By BILL CARTER
Published: December 9, 2012

Could it still be true that even the worst performing television network is only one hit away from a turnaround?
Apparently so, as long as the hit is on for more than 40 hours in four months.

NBC has managed that unexpected turnaround from worst to first this fall, largely — competitors suggest almost exclusively — on the strength of the addition of a single show: “The Voice,” the singing competition that features swinging chairs and big-name musical artists as coaches.

Yes, NBC also has “Sunday Night Football,” but that powerhouse was on the schedule last fall, when NBC had a 2.6 rating among the viewers preferred by many advertisers, ages 18 through 49. Each rating point in that age category equals 1.26 million people. With those 40-plus hours of “The Voice” added (as well as vastly improved ratings for adjacent shows), NBC is up 23 percent to a 3.2 rating.

On Mondays, when the first of two weekly editions of the show plays, NBC is up a staggering 206 percent.

Final Four on display tonight!

voice-final-four-4_3_r560.jpg

Two from Team Blake, and two from Team CeeLo, remain standing.

Host Carson Daly gives his opinion on them!

Cassadee Pope : Looking at iTunes download numbers alone would "reveal her to be a front-runner," Daly says.

Terry Mcdermott: "I think he was one of the strongest all the way through," Daly says, so he could take it.

Nicholas David: "I am surprised" he's stayed in the game this long, Daly says. "I didn't think he'd be here in the semifinals," but I'm "proud of America." If he made it this far, who's to say he can't win?

Trevin Hunte: His audition "had half of us in tears," Daly says. The moving singer "was a front-runner" from the start, but now the other semifinalists have caught up to him.

If all 4 give their best, I think Hunte will win but I'm rooting for Scottish rocker McDermott!

Teela, will you be watching? I think 2 are left after Tuesday's vote?

The Scottish guy must be the one that looks like Roddy Piper :dunno:

Sort of I guess! Just saw Roddy is Canadian but of Scottish descent! Good one RC!

piper_machalek.jpg

the voice...EASILY the worst fucking show on tv for me...

a few pieces of talent each year + obnoxioux no talent midget nigger + unbearably dense jersey shore reject = awful

i would rather watch the american idol tryouts instead...at least you know what you are getting.

mr. monkey, they are going to have another new season of downton abbey before you get to watch this season :tears:

the voice...EASILY the worst fucking show on tv for me...

a few pieces of talent each year + obnoxioux no talent midget nigger + unbearably dense jersey shore reject = awful

i would rather watch the american idol tryouts instead...at least you know what you are getting.

mr. monkey, they are going to have another new season of downton abbey before you get to watch this season :tears:

Only thing I agree with is Christina is a overweight and a nasty bitch to performers! I'm glad she was the first judge to have no performers still able to win! Wish they would have told her just to stay home!

And keep that Abbey talk to yourself! Muddy and I will have none of it! I have plenty of tissues stocked up! As Casper would say, I'm ready for the pain, sort of!

Dexter, Dexter, Dexter.

:facepalm:
What a clusterfuck.

Could see the Laguerta setup coming from a mile away.

How the hell do you escape a shipping container when you've been followed? And the other dude just jumps in the water lol.

Pretty obvious they'll "reveal" next week that Hannah didn't poison Deb.

But the worst is how the writers just randomly dismiss story lines. So the whole Quinn, Russian mob, stripper/girlfriend arc just abruptly ends with the chick taking off and moving to Vegas? I mean, that story line wasn't the least bit entertaining, but come on. Kinda like the Deb being in love with Dex thing. That was fun when it was revisited for 2 seconds, only to be completely ignored thereafter. :fok:

Hey remember the Arson Killer Phantom guy?

Now that was a guy right there.

I fell off The Voice bandwagon. I occasionally watch it, but not with regularity. I think it just made it drag on too long this season.

I fell off The Voice bandwagon. I occasionally watch it, but not with regularity. I think it just made it drag on too long this season.

I'm slightly hurt and greatly disappointed in hearing this!

My apologies, MrM! I usually have a paper to write on Mondays, so I really just keep the TV on for background noise (I can't work when it's quiet). Tonight is a busy night for me - I have a paper to write and I need to clean the house before the maid comes! I can't have her thinking that I'm a total slob!

My apologies, MrM! I usually have a paper to write on Mondays, so I really just keep the TV on for background noise (I can't work when it's quiet). Tonight is a busy night for me - I have a paper to write and I need to clean the house before the maid comes! I can't have her thinking that I'm a total slob!

:ahawut:

I'm one of those who clean up a bit before the maid shows up. Wouldn't want her to judge me.