Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 942,597 Views
I have developed quite a hate for Anne Hathaway. As I discovered today when browsing the TV listings for the day, her presence in a movie can single-handedly chase me away. Like I see a title I'm not sure of so I go to information and I see Anne Hathaway - there is nothing else I need to consider -----> NO!

Unfortunately she is Fantine in Les Miserable so I guess I'm gonna have to deal with that.

she annoys me too. i dont think shes a good actress.

I agree with that. In fact she has been startlingly bad in a few things (Valentine's Day was particularly embarrassingly heinous). But I don't even like her. Like when she hosted the Oscars it just pissed me off start to finish.

I don't know what it is. I'm sure if I ever met her I would be nice to her. I wouldn't want her read this. But so it be.

What triggered this Anne Hathaway diatribe was my recent viewing of The Dark Knight Rises (2011) where I felt she wrecked every scene she was in. As for the movie as a whole, I found it to be a dog's breakfast of thrown-together elements. Okay that's a bit harsh. There was some positive stuff but guys really need to lose the idea of comic book movies being over 2 hours. Some stuff made sense, some didn't - but a lot was just unnecessary. By the time they got around to the big twist, it wasn't so much that I saw it coming but just, "I don't care. Decide where we're going and then go there."

This was by far the weakest of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. It just didn't flow like the others. Forced.

Still cogitating on my rating but I'm thinking about 5.2 out of 10.

I agree with that. In fact she has been startlingly bad in a few things (Valentine's Day was particularly embarrassingly heinous). But I don't even like her. Like when she hosted the Oscars it just pissed me off start to finish.

I don't know what it is. I'm sure if I ever met her I would be nice to her. I wouldn't want her read this. But so it be.

What triggered this Anne Hathaway diatribe was my recent viewing of The Dark Knight Rises (2011) where I felt she wrecked every scene she was in. As for the movie as a whole, I found it to be a dog's breakfast of thrown-together elements. Okay that's a bit harsh. There was some positive stuff but guys really need to lose the idea of comic book movies being over 2 hours. Some stuff made sense, some didn't - but a lot was just unnecessary. By the time they got around to the big twist, it wasn't so much that I saw it coming but just, "I don't care. Decide where we're going and then go there."

This was by far the weakest of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. It just didn't flow like the others. Forced.

Still cogitating on my rating but I'm thinking about 5.2 out of 10.

Hmm. Weird. I thought she was about the only thing that saved that movie.

Definitely the worst of the Dark Knight series.

Yeah, the latest Batman was pretty bad. Way too long, and too many characters. Hurry up and save the city, Batman. I got other shit to do.

Most movies suck.

I also find sports broadcasts annoying when the volume on my TV is above zero.

Plommer what are your top 3 movies of all time? Rated NC-17 and lower, please.

Okay, just one then. Common pal. One movie you liked.

Okay, just one then. Common pal. One movie you liked.

WTF is NC-17?

The only recent movie I liked was Ted.

My all time favs:

Braveheart
Shawshank Redemtption
Breakfast Club

I also lol'ed quite alot at Clerks, Borat, Jackass, etc.

im almost to the point where i really wish the Mentalist guy would catch his Red John nemesis ... the shows are still somewhat interesting, but they never let you forget his main goal and harp on it a few minutes in every episode...

New movie with a gambling theme that got at least one pretty good review :)dunno:).

Lay The Favorite

Trailer looks a bit cheesy but I like director Stephen Frears very much and apparently the gambling talk and activity is more authentic than many Hollywood misfires