Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 942,589 Views
I have seen Jennifer Lawrence in a few movies. She just has this flat style that doesn't really sit well with me. I was very excited for The Hunger Games. It was the only movie (in a year) that I could get my boyfriend to go to. I was so underwhelmed by the movie. He seemed to enjoy it (and I was able to get him to go to a record of two more movies with me). She seems so animated during interviews and her screen presence is just blah.

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Keira Knightley?

Not a fan. I refuse to watch anything that she's in.

Been watching the movie The Loved One (1965). The star was driving me mental. From the first second I saw him, I knew he was familiar but I couldn't place him. Racking my brain.

Who is this young British chap in black-and-white who seems like he could possibly be the homelier brother of a Beatle?

a%20Tony%20Richardson%20The%20Loved%20One%20Morse%20Winters%20THE_LOVED_ONE-3(1).jpg

Where do I know this guy from?

tumblr_mdlygvevV61qc4hs7o1_500.jpg

Solution is in the next post so don't look yet if you want to puzzle it through.

Personally I find The Daily Show to be required viewing while The Colbert Report has me reaching for the clicker at the speed of light. You'd think they were more-or-less cut from the same cloth but that is my reaction.

I became curious about their relative ratings and did a quick check. Ratings can be made complicated to an almost infinite degree but here is how I would summarize what I saw: The Daily Show has higher ratings by a 4:3 ratio.

So there it is. Colbert report doing better than I would have guessed.

Meryl Streep has two daughters who are actresses. They go by the names of Mamie Gummer and Grace Gummer.

While those are their actual proper names, I am thinking it is a really bad decision not to use the name Streep. Or, if it is some pride thing where they want everything they earn to be based on their work and not have any doors opened for them because of their famous name (which would be really gay IMO but it's possible) then use a different stage name.

Basically anything but Gummer.

Don't go by the name Gummer is my position here.

Dexter seems to have fully entered the Oz phase of it's evolution. Meaning, like that old prison show, it's becoming all about just having a whole bunch of shit happening without particular regard for if it's sensible/relevant/harmonious/interesting.

The name of the game is having a whole bunch of STUFF.

Dexter seems to have fully entered the Oz phase of it's evolution. Meaning, like that old prison show, it's becoming all about just having a whole bunch of shit happening without particular regard for if it's sensible/relevant/harmonious/interesting.

The name of the game is having a whole bunch of STUFF.

No kidding. You see how fast deb falling in love with Dexter was pushed under the rug? Apparenlty that wasn't a big deal? Or the show will make it one later when it needs to.

I guess Deb wasn't really in love with Dexter - it was just a crush?

Flameboy showed up and burned out pretty fast. You know, so to speak.

Oh look - Hanna's dad. Nice guy for three and a half seconds and then - absurdly not nice guy. Bye Hanna's dad.

But not before he leaves a clue!

And Laguerta is doing stuff!

Hopefully we get more about what's-his-name's new restaurant because that's really fascinating.

I guess we're going to have an ongoing thing now with the fishy Quinn shooting? Don't see how they can't just let that drop. Whoopee!

Hey remember this guy?

dexter-mystery-dude.jpg

Dexter turned to complete shit really fast.

I like how that supposedly brilliant FBI agent Lundy couldn't piece together Dexter as the Bay Harbor butcher but Laguerta figures it out.

How bout that arson squad guy being the red herring as the Phantom? That ate up a good 48 seconds.

No, I still enjoy it as a late Sunday evening break - no one is holding a gun to my head to make me watch it - but it doesn't have the menacing focus it once did. It just feels like empty calories now.

Muddy, you get the opportunity to produce a film. You have the resources to produce any type of film you want be it a remake or a brand new movie. You can select any cast you choose past or present or a combination of both. The score, the director, everything is all up to you.

Or perhaps you would prefer a television series. Same as above with cast and content.

Tell us who is in it and what's it about.

We watched The Dark Knight this weekend. I view this as unquestionably a top 10 all time film, it's great every time.

We also rewatched The Departed thanks to Muddy. It was cool that ending is for the fokking birds though.

Muddy, you get the opportunity to produce a film. You have the resources to produce any type of film you want be it a remake or a brand new movie. You can select any cast you choose past or present or a combination of both. The score, the director, everything is all up to you.

Or perhaps you would prefer a television series. Same as above with cast and content.

Tell us who is in it and what's it about.

It would definitely be a comedy. Dark satirical comedy. Deadpan comedy. Nothing whacky, nothing zany - no shenanigans. Just a real life situation - some completely plausible shit that happens.

It would deal with something serious. Maybe something completely awful. The humor would come from funny dark characters and how they deal with whatever it is. Maybe someone has a drug overdose in such a way that he loses the use of his hands but he is a musician and composer. So he has to learn to ask for help and find a soulmate that he can communicate music to through other means and she can actually understand and create what's in his head.

Then again maybe it is something in war. I don't know.

There will be serious themes but it has to be a comedy. Nobody knows how to make a comedy without being idiotic. I want to show how that is done.

It will star Me and Jim Carrey. For the female soulmate . . . hmmm . . . I gotta think about that. I know there is someone perfect but it's not coming to me just now. She has to be sensitive and vulnerable and a little unbalanced.

I'll have to give some thought to the director too. I am definitely not going to direct but I expect all my ideas to be carefully considered.

I guess I will write some original music for it.

So there's a start.