Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,417 Views
Boardwalk Empire is an excellent show.

I have Con Air sitting here. Im so giddy to see it. Never have before.

Recent viewings: Police Academy 7 Mission to Moscow, Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo, In Too Deep (LL Cool J raping guys with a pool stick..wheee), Snakes on a Plane!, Body of Evidence, Let it Ride, and Urban Cowboy. OMG that one was great.

Started watching soke Showtiime show, Homeland. I like very much so far.

I have Con Air sitting here. Im so giddy to see it. Never have before.

Are you kidding me!!! A Nicholas Cage classic!

This guy does the right thing in the end!
2565474,2M90NKt_0DZvnF1L0Omj5GQAmSgOxA4neuxgfmI5mJJQKXpUImk5zedcpGARclisRsOgZPo21DBk1HOxAsM8iA==.jpg

Of course he's walking the streets free at the movie's end but he appears to be a changed man! And it's only a movie if not! Luv ya and miss you! :yes:

Hanna (2011) - Okay so suppose Jason Bourne is a 16 year-old girl. That's kinda what we got with this movie. It is watchable although with quite a number of implausible scenes. You know the scenes. Like where a guy we like is surrounded by 5 guys who want to get him in a parking garage, but no one uses a gun and they approach him one at a time to get their butts kicked in a nice orderly fashion.

Oddly, I found Cate Blanchett to be the weak link in this. I have huge respect for her talents and this may be the first time I have had something negative to say about her but she kept drifting in and out of this Texas (??) accent in a very conspicuous way.

But whatever, it was an okay movie if you don't take it too seriously and I would rate it a 6.

River Monsters. This is a must see TV show. Some of the fish he catches are bigger than humans. And is all real. Not like these metrosexual fake gangster shows on HBO.

Muddy, I watched a couple of Season 1 episodes of Boardwalk Empire and truly liked the show. Unfortunately I'm not good at adhering to regularly scheduled programing and it's not available on NetFlix streaming. Course I like political improprieties and gangsta type chit. As an added bonus if you share Plommers affection for unshaven pubic areas it's a good fit.

This show Wilfred about the guy who is the only person who sees his neighbour's dog as a full-grown man in a dog suit . . . I like the premise - from the first time I heard about it I thought, 'Okay, I want to see that' - but, I dunno.

I've only seen one episode but I don't think I will see any more.

It's not good.

Yeah, no.

nope...horrible to me...watched the 1st ep last year...its another uk knockoff i believe ...

watched batman...too long, extremely boring in parts, blowing shit up has been done...its old...another extremely overhyped and overrated movie

currently watching Savages

Step Up Revolution 3D

Hot chick in wet white top

Sick-ass stunts

Extensive use of 3D wizardry

Did I mention - hot chick in wet white top

Indescribable cinematic experience

9.0 Matty Rains 3D

3D movies have zero effect on yours truly. I'm with Scorsese, I think everything should be 3D from now on.

Really makes the boobies pop out from under the wet white top.

Matty, u cunt, you have a real life girlfriend/fuck pal.

3D titties are for guys like Daft, Plommer & Mudcat. Guys that masturbate as an only option.

common

twatwaffle.

Dream House (2011) - Don't know whether to call it a ghost story or a psychological thriller or what but it was a fairly weak effort from Jim Sheridan. He has done some stuff I have really liked but not this. Massive plot holes and general cheese.

One tangent: I remember when Daniel Craig was named the new James Bond and there was much discussion and analysis; one comment I heard repeatedly was that of all the James Bonds, he is the best actor. I had seen him in a few things and he hadn't stood out but I just shrugged my shoulders assuming I had missed some good stuff.

He was the star of this movie and he wasn't good at all. It wasn't just the in-and-out American accent - there were times I wanted to shake him and tell him the movie had started. Not good.

Anyway. 4.4 out of 10 for this flic.

I saw a half hour show called Louie yesterday. Starring, written and directed by Louis C.K.

I was surprised. I'm not sure I would call it a sitcom; there wasn't a ton of comedy. It was very artsy. I will definitely watch it again.

Does he have another show? I got the impression somewhere that he had a pretty conventional sitcom where he has a family and shit.

Can anyone shed any light?

I don't think so. I like his stand up, even saw him live. Tried watching that show and didn't like it.
Although I believe he did have a different show long ago which I never saw, don't think that was a sitcom either.

Yeah I like his stand up too. A lot actually - he's really good. And he's a great talk show guest - hilarious.

But this show Louis - totally not what I expected. It starts with a little clip of his stand-up - like how Seinfeld did when it first started - but then it went really deep and thoughtful and artsy. Very little comedy in the episode I saw. I'm not saying I was 100% pleasantly surprised either. I will watch it again - I am definitely curious - but I am far from sold for the long term.

I see it is listed as a sitcom on imdb. It's in its 3rd season.