Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,542 Views
CK had a show on HBO a few years back. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. I think it only lasted a season or two.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011) - This is the recent adaptation of the John LeCarre novel about British spies in the cold war. To sum up my review: I found it slow and ponderous - which I can deal with - but I also found it very hard to follow - which is less forgivable. I am not stupid and if I can't follow your story, I don't blame myself. I believe you have done a poor job of story-telling.

Everything looks good. It is a great cast. Gary Oldman in particular is outstanding - he is one of the most convincing actors of our time and this is no exception - but he can only deliver his lines.

I feel like if I watched it another time or two I might understands better what happened but I don't want to watch it another time or two.

4.8 out of 10.

21 Jump Street (2012) - I did not expect this to be even 25% as funny as it was. Loads of genuine LOLworthy moments. Surprising.

8.3 Undercover Matty Rains On Designer Psychedelics

if you dont watch Longmire...you should
comes on tonight on a&e ... he is a small town country sheriff on the edge of indian land... real genuine character who fights some serious personal demons... some might think its a little slow, and it is, but its a more down to earth law show than the fancy CSI shows that lose you with some of the bullshit tech stuff

Man, Olivia Munn's character on The Newsroom is hot. Yes she's got the unconventional but amazing looks, but she's so intelligent and she puts on the glasses and is flitting back and forth between English and Japanese.

It gets me right here. I would leave my wife for her.

:handshake:

yeah, she is fucking hot...so much goodness in this show... not even the beloved breaking bad can come close to competing right now :donthinkso:

Man, Olivia Munn's character on The Newsroom is hot. Yes she's got the unconventional but amazing looks, but she's so intelligent and she puts on the glasses and is flitting back and forth between English and Japanese.

It gets me right here. I would leave my wife for her.

:handshake:

here you go mud:

http://www.trillfredd.com/wp/olivia-munn-real-nude-cell-phone-pics/

More + bonus christina hendricks picks.

http://forum.mmaspot.com/showthread.php?26368-Hacked-Cellphone-Pics-Olivia-Munn-Christina-Hendricks-NSFW-WOW!!

yeah, she is fucking hot...so much goodness in this show... not even the beloved breaking bad can come close to competing right now :donthinkso:

I got 'em neck and neck right now. I find that the Newsroom has come back to earth a bit after the epic first 3 episodes. It's been settling into some traditional cliches and the dialogue is just too . . . like everyone has the same glib speech pattern and humor. I find it distracting. Still really entertaining though.

Meanwhile last week's Breaking Bad was so great. Haven't seen this week's yet.

Olivia Munn though - Breaking Bad has nothing like that.

21 Jump Street (2012) - I did not expect this to be even 25% as funny as it was. Loads of genuine LOLworthy moments. Surprising.

Yeah. Surprisingly good.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is quickly becoming a classic with me. I keep putting it on at night for whatever reason...

Watched American Reunion last week. It's what you'd expect.

This show Wilfred about the guy who is the only person who sees his neighbour's dog as a full-grown man in a dog suit . . . I like the premise - from the first time I heard about it I thought, 'Okay, I want to see that' - but, I dunno.

I've only seen one episode but I don't think I will see any more.

It's not good.

Yeah, no.
Watch the Australian version. Different kind of comedy to its US counterpart, Show was completely re-formatted for US market and completely lost its appeal imo, which as u so accurately pointed out is SHITE...

May not be to your tastes though MC...

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the current season of Dexter. It's absurd and repetitive and I am happy as can be when a new episode is on.

Seriously though - Olivia Munn. I love beautiful intelligent women - okay not exactly a newsflash - but as I get older my love of them wearing glasses is intensifying to the point of borderline fetish.

olivia-munn-complex.jpg
tumblr_m7yc0rygju1qbgdqpo9_r1_1280.jpg
beach-sand-olivia-munn-sunglasses-reflections-desktop-wallpaper-1382704891.jpg

I have been seeing ads lately for a new season of Treme.

Hm.

I think I have tried to get a discussion about this going before but there was not much joining in. FWIW, here's what I am thinking.

This show gets all kinds of goodwill from me due to the creative guys being the same guys behind the greatest TV show of all time, The Wire, and the greatest network TV show of all time, Homicide.

So there's that. Love those guys.

But then there's the actual show. I watched season 1. I did not love it. Now I didn't hate it - I watched the entire thing - and few people are quick as me to bail on a show. But I watched every second of it.

But I dunno.

Leaning against starting another season.

I wonder how I missed that show. The Wire. Just read description on Wilkipedia, sounds like something I would like: urban life etc.. :dunno:

The Wire is the pinnacle when it comes to tv shows although some may disagree because it's mainstream to like it now.

Ah good to know

No way I would have rented this without hearing your review

Thought it was for sure a bomb

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) - A rare case where my rating is a higher than the overall imdb rating. I was expecting to not like it much - based, I guess, on random things heard - but I thought it was pretty good. Not great. A bit too manipulative perhaps, but still, some very thoughtful scenes.

The kid actor was good too. I couldn't help but constantly compare him to the kid who played Hugo - and this kid was way better.

7.2 out of 10.