Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 948,329 Views
The first time I saw Dumb and Dumber I remember actually laughing so hard I was leaning in the main aisle of the theatre, almost to the floor. It's not as good now as it once was, but it's still pretty funny. The GF hates that movie, so I always make her watch it.

Birdman and Unbroken both on KAT :pope:

Hmm. Some contradictory comments (on Birdman) but fuck it - I am giving it a shot.

And while that is happening, I shall get back to watching Dumb and Dumber. I guess. :dunno:

muddy, if you didnt dislike the Newsroom so much, you might like dumb and dumber more...also, i can see people now thinking d&d isnt as funny as it was when it first came out.... seeing so many jim carrey movies and then going back to watch his funniest, probably holds it back a little...

my god, my sentence structuring is awful... you get the idea

dumb and dumber is the single greatest american movie ever made !!

wow! what makes you say that pal?

just exaggerating man :), i like these mindless comedies more than pretty much anything else that gets produce in the states

I keep pushing through it (Dumb and Dumber) between other things. I should get to the end sometime this weekend.

I'll say this: I am surprised and somewhat impressed that Cam Neely took that role as the homosexual bully. He must have been serious about stretching his acting muscles or something.

Fell asleep early to that and not giving it another chance. Muddy, you patient fuck.

Never cared for Jim Carrey. Dreaded any of his skits on In Living Color.

Finished Season 3 of Louie. Every episode is a magical, fucked-up short story. I think it's ground-breaking TV. If the format doesn't get copied by everyone going forward, I think it should.

8.9 Matty Rains for Season 3

Louis CK's acting chops are very limited, which is the only thing holding me back from giving it a crazy-high score.

Also, I would bang a 46yo Parker Posey.

True - about the ground-breakingness of the show - but also the acting. When I see Louie getting nominated for a Golden Globe for acting - which he did - I feel like, yeah, I get it, you want to reward the guy. Absolutely. He has created something amazing.

But let's not be silly.

8.9 is high for mattyballs I'd bang her too

The daughters are annoying. They try to make them quirky and funny - but they're just annoying.

The daughters are excellent actresses though. I'm really impressed by them, but that may be because the contrast with Louis CK is so great.

Actually every other actor on the show is so good. Parker Posey was amazing.

Even Chris Rock can act.

One thing - Louie's ex-wife is very black, and the kids look Swedish or some shit. I assume that's done on purpose, but :dunno: