Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 948,321 Views
I watched the season premier of Downton Abbey.

I enjoyed it despite some heavy-handedly convenient plotting.

It was handy anyway as I was fresh out of shows to watch.

Looks like Shameless is starting up again this Sunday.

Justified Jan 20th.

Better Call Saul - Feb 8th

House of Lies this Sunday too. I hope for less homo action in Shameless but I expect more.

Increasing homo action - it's all the rage in mainstream media these days. :(

Louie is a mesmerizingly odd show. 7.7 for Season 2.

You have ripped through those at a very respectable pace, sir.

Goes quick at 23 minutes each.

I can't even remember what's what as far as seasons of Louie.

The most recent season was a helluva thing. I see that was season 4. I see there will be a season 5. I am seeing spring of 2015 - but only 7 episodes.

It is a good show. It's really different. It is so creative and thoughtfully weird. I'm glad it exists.

Some really strong moments among all the dick/masturbation jokes.

(Note to poster fiveteamer: yes, I'm basically copy-pasting my texts to you :guitar:)

I see too that there is going to be a season 2 of Fargo.

Did not see that coming.

I guess part of my confusion comes from the fact that it - Fargo - is nominated for Golden Globes in the mini-series category.

But apparently it's not a mini-series - it's a TV series - and there are other categories for that.

I'm super-ticked.

Well, not really.

Billy Bob Thornton has, especially as he's gotten older, been playing the role of the badass intelligent villain.

I buy into it about 64%.

Billy Bob Thornton has, especially as he's gotten older, been playing the role of the badass intelligent villain.

I buy into it about 64%.

Yeah, about the same here. Hard to dissociate the real-life, dopey Billy Bob from his villainous characters.

Thinking back on Fargo, it was a weird show - not entirely good.

While watching it my thinking was often, okay, I guess it's only 10 episodes so I will stick with it to the end. I was not thinking in terms of an ongoing experience. There were some real problems.

But I see I arrived at an imdb rating of 6. I guess I was entertained enough. I guess I will at least start into another season.

To me part of the mark you are in the kinda good but not that great category as a villain is if you oppose Robert Downey Jr. as the villain. That movie with the lawyers was the ultimate cheese in terms of trying to look like those two were having this high level conflict going on. Lifetime movie made for middle women looking to masturbate to the thought of them arguing.

That shit pissed me off.

Season 5 of Game of Thrones scheduled to come out April 5th.

I understand that will be preceded by the airing of the final 2 episodes of season 4 at IMAX theatres.

Not something I would consider going to but I'm sure some people will.

How many more murders can they possibly have in Fargo?

I had it at 20.4.

The .4 is something you just have to witness to understand.