Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,472 Views
penny dreadful still holding interest...

halfway through a Dutch crime show from 2012 called Wolven... solid ... they just make better crime/drama/detective shit

Louie still too serious for my liking for the most part with all the kid drama, still solid. The ending of episode 8 was classic though "blah blah blah blah not good, it's ok".

:lmao:

Really need to start watching this Louie shit.

I could see a lot about it frustrating you but you overall probably liking it as well. Eight episodes into Season 4 now easily torrented

I liked the prior seasons much more, less of the serious shit.

As a parent I can relate to the kid stuff on Louie.

The scene when he opens the window during the meeting with his ex and counselor.

:rofl:

Matty, you will like Louie. It's kinda like Girls for men in their 30's, 40's and 50's.

Current state of Louie - moving into top echelon all-time shows territory for me. Last season too as I recall.

Trying to remember the first couple seasons. I think they were a bit different than what it has become. More sitcom-ish. Still liked them but it has continuously evolved into something really original and extraordinary.

"Let's have sex one last time" "Like in the movies when they let the autistic kid score a touchdown"

:lol: :lmao:

I wonder what Amia said in the morning. I will look it up at some point soon. I'm sure someone has posted a translation by now. It's not like the famous Lost in Translation whisper where it will always be up to the imagination. There is a real answer to this. But I am just going to live with the mystery for a short time longer.

SPOILER ALERT

according to rundown: She then talks to Louie about him and Amia, saying that since their relationship hasn’t entered the physical stage it’s not really serious. Louie takes this to heart and later convinces Amia to have sex with him, something which she says in the morning is “not good,” but “it’s okay.”

Not really a translation but seems like the gist

Here is a translation:

while in bed:
"this was a big mistake. we ruined a good thing we had. do you understand?"

as she is getting up:
"we'll fix it somehow"

walking out the door:
"everything will be alright"

very interesting, thank you Muddy.

Still want him to go back to psycho californication girl.

Funniest bit to me was the second fake newscast about the havoc of Hurricane Jasmine Forsythe.

0087c400-e5ac-11e3-bd4b-173c214ab2ec_Pretty-artistic-file-photo-for-the-news-Screencap-via-baxterholmes-.jpg

Sad news from Miami, as Hurricane Jasmine Forsythe has claimed the life of LeBron James of the Miami Heat. Mr. James was swept away by the storm surge that destroyed 90 percent of the Florida peninsula last night. Once again, we are reporting the sad death of LeBron James. And the rest of the Miami Heat. And 12 million other people.

Another point about this week's Louies. I wonder if anyone else misunderstood the end bit of the first episode like me.

I feel dumb - but I also don't.

That flashback to the younger Louie in that relationship that was ostensibly ending ---> turns out that girl was the current ex that is on the show all the time. And when they say right at the very end, regarding their boinking which was supposed to be their last, "Wouldn't it be funny if you got pregnant this time," - and they laugh - the idea they are trying to get across is that's when she (Janet?) got pregnant with Lily (and then presumably that caused them to stay together longer and they ended up also having Jane.)

I missed the whole concept. So I feel dumb. However the girl in the flashback was white and Janet is Black. So I don't feel quite so dumb.

I was just taking it as a random vignette from a first marriage of Louie's. I couldn't remember if he had been married before or not but I had no problem believing it. But people are not discussing that it was Janet as a theory. They are definite - that white girl was the younger Janet. I guess they said her name or more alert people know he was only married once or whatever

So yeah. Flew by me.

Weird though.