Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 60,178 Views
The only reason I don't have an R6 right now is that it would cost me $4k to insure. Ima get one in a couple years when the rate drops to ~$1.5k

Forget about the Ninja 250 and 500. That 636 looks amazing. CBR looks like a good deal too.

Maybe I should just get a cheap beater at first..

Like I said, check the insurance. That'll pretty much dictate your first purchase. Rates tend to drop a lot after a couple years.

The only reason I don't have an R6 right now is that it would cost me $4k to insure. Ima get one in a couple years when the rate drops to ~$1.5k

That black matte R6 you posted is my favorite so far. I would drop 4-5k on that.

Think I should practice on a beater for 6-12 months first though.

The tank is not original, the fairings also look aftermarket, the front forks sit too low and probably need maintenance, you're gonna get hassled by cops because of the ultra-loud Yoshimura exhaust, etc.

This bike has been abused. I would go look at it but just cause I like fokking with stuff.

That black matte R6 you posted is my favorite so far. I would drop 4-5k on that.

Think I should practice on a beater for 6-12 months first though.

Totally.

The tank is not original, the fairings also look aftermarket, the front forks sit too low and probably need maintenance, you're gonna get hassled by cops because of the ultra-loud Yoshimura exhaust, etc.

This bike has been abused. I would go look at it but just cause I like fokking with stuff.

Good point. I don't want any aftermarket parts on anything I get at first.

Used, stock sportbikes are extremely rare. Yoshimura exhausts are a douchebag must. My neighbour has one on his CBR250R. :facepalm: Guess what pal, you're still riding a 25hp lawnmower.

Yah, that's a lot of bike for the money. I would totally buy that if/when it becomes affordable to insure.

I just called the guy. He said he would take a few hundred off. So I'm guessing I could get for $2400 or so..

He sounded kind of seedy. I'm guessing all bike people are seedy.

Bikers = Seedy Tweekers up to no good.