More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,189 Views
Starting tomorrow, we are having our temperatures checked as we go in for our shifts.

how many employees at your site?

reading more and more reports about the big meat processing plants in US and Canada closing (in rural areas that are way behind in the CV spread.)

Those workers stay in much closer proximity for the almost the entire duration of their work I'd think compared to your line of work.

But I would think any industry with large amounts of people in one space are reading the writing and actively trying everything they can to avoid an outbreak.

How much of your job entails people to be closer than 6 feet?

reading more and more reports about the big meat processing plants in US and Canada closing (in rural areas that are way behind in the CV spread.)
:yes:

Smithfield Foods in South Dakota is now largest coronavirus hot spot in US
A team from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has arrived in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to help with the Smithfield Foods coronavirus hot spot, which has become the biggest single source of cases in the United States.

Eighty of South Dakota's 180 new COVID-19 cases are employees of the meat-processing company, bringing the total to 518 Smithfield Foods employees who have tested positive. There are also now 126 total cases of non-employees that became infected when they came into contact with a Smithfield employee, according to the South Dakota Department of Health.

The 518 employees and 126 non-employees connected to Smithfield makes it the largest cluster in the country (644), according to tracking by The New York Times. The previous top cluster was 585 cases aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt in Guam.

Smithfield announced Sunday that it would be closing its Sioux Falls plant indefinitely Wednesday. The plant has 3,700 employees.

United States hot spots
Smithfield Foods meatpacking plant; Sioux Falls, S.D. 644

Aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt; Guam, 585

Cook County Jail; Chicago, 524

Parnall Correctional Facility; Jackson, Mich., 212

Soldiers' Home in Holyoke; Holyoke, Mass., 194

We had this on Easter! Love their hams! Was going to do a pic-by-pic cooking process but stopped after initial one! TMTOMH! :yes:
1587043169725.png

they don't think there is any risk of transmission via the meat

i'm sure that was processed well over a week ago

the meat itself would be find anyways, no virus would survive the cooking process

the meat itself would be find anyways, no virus would survive the cooking process

Arch, had no worries at all! Just posting what you stated about meat plant closings! This one is a BIG one!

I think pork will be fine, as long as it contains no bat meat.

Well since I have had no symptoms, was told by POB that I can return to work Monday if everything continues good! It's been a fun time back here conversing 24/7! No doubt, I will be greatly missed by many here ! :facepalm

Gamelive 'cause posting is serious business
:grouphug:

This is exactly what is not happening.
What I’ve learned about Florida is that the politicians here are more crooked than any other state I’ve lived in. Nobody and I mean nobody I work with has been able to collect unemployment for almost a month now because they can’t get into the website or the phone.

Thank God I’m not holding out hope for this to work. Anyone with kids I feel awful for

What I’ve learned about Florida is that the politicians here are more crooked than any other state I’ve lived in. Nobody and I mean nobody I work with has been able to collect unemployment for almost a month now because they can’t get into the website or the phone.

Thank God I’m not holding out hope for this to work. Anyone with kids I feel awful for
wow. the Canadian government just dropped $4k for Covid-19 relief into my bank acct Wed morning.

for April and March. took 2 days from application to receive payment,

wow. the Canadian government just dropped $4k for Covid-19 relief into my bank acct Wed morning.

:boxcleanersdaddy:

First post from the "new" laptop!

PLOMAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY you're rich babbbbbbyyyyyyyy!!

how many employees at your site?

Those workers stay in much closer proximity for the almost the entire duration of their work I'd think compared to your line of work.

But I would think any industry with large amounts of people in one space are reading the writing and actively trying everything they can to avoid an outbreak.

How much of your job entails people to be closer than 6 feet?

I'm guessing 150 people at the site ??? Ish ??? Counting office and 2nd shift ???

People are aware of the shit going on in the world and observe the 6 foot rule as much as possible. But we definitely drift closer than that regularly. When I pass someone in a picking aisle, it's gotta be more like 4 feet apart. That happens many, many times a shift.

Our branches are all pretty much identical and we had 3 positive tests at our Georgia branch.

Took me 2+ days of constant hanging around the computer to get my claim#! Guess it's going quite awhile to get a check! FLA pays jack squat compared to NJ anyway! And of course while not getting through on the unemployment site, I was POWER-POSTING here!
:obviously:

I'm guessing 150 people at the site ??? Ish ??? Counting office and 2nd shift ???

People are aware of the shit going on in the world and observe the 6 foot rule as much as possible. But we definitely drift closer than that regularly. When I pass someone in a picking aisle, it's gotta be more like 4 feet apart. That happens many, many times a shift.

Our branches are all pretty much identical and we had 3 positive tests at our Georgia branch.

are they making yall use mask?

Took me 2+ days of constant hanging around the computer to get my claim#! Guess it's going quite awhile to get a check! FLA pays jack squat compared to NJ anyway! And of course while not getting through on the unemployment site, I was POWER-POSTING here!

News broadcast today said only 33K checks had been processed as of today with 1+ million claims waiting