More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,292 Views
I'm a little puzzled by the jacket to be honest. The collar sticks up in front. Like it can zip right up basically to mouth level - but when it's not zipped that high, the collar still wants to stand up.

Maybe it's supposed to and that is the style? Standing up collar? Or maybe I am supposed to flatten it down. Like basically iron it. Not that I would actually literally iron it but, you know, apply some kind of robust influence and persuasion.

I don't know things.

I Recently bought this North Face jacket and it's changed my life.

Gotta say, it is looking EXTREMELY unlikely that I will be repeating as Top Dog this time around. Due perhaps to a loss of focus in the early months of the new award year, I have had a (relative) spate of errors.

I believe I can afford 1 error between now and October 1st. I might possibly get away with 2 depending on how many lines I can pick. But probably 1.

Not impossible but I would set the odds at +5000.

So that was posted on January 29 - which is about 9 weeks ago ?? - and I have not had an error since then. That's a good streak - but still ~25 weeks to go - so that's a long way.

Although the idea that I can get away with 2 errors and not just 1 is actually looking pretty good. I am accumulating lines at a good clip.

Updated line for Mudcat repeating as Top Dog: +2475

Boys, today's been a good day. ☺ CBC radio interview this morning, then on the way home I got an email from the president of one of the largest Canadian distributors of musical gear, asking for product samples. Then I met with a local magnet manufacturer, whose president happens to be a bass player. Anyway, he's happy to help me source bulk magnets for a fraction of what I've been paying to make my guitar pickups.

Today's been a pretty good day. :stevie:

Man Matty, you're gonna be the most famous Gameliver

I understood you like 30% without cc and around 60% with French ccs.

What's cooler than being a musician? Being the provider to musicians

Matty is gonna be rich !

I am currently Employee of the Month. I kid you not.

There are a few things that happen. I got a free $50 gas card - and there is a picture of me in the lunchroom looking like a deranged old coot - and guise come up beside me at the urinals and say stuff like, "Oooh, I'm peeing next to the Employee of the Month."

and so on

Damn, that does sound good. Probably not in the cards for me but who knows? 🤷

Is that really the best we can do for a shrug emoji?

testing

🤷‍♂️ 🤷

Why do they both have a zit on the chin?