More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 301,436 Views
I thought the answer to #3 would be to make the customer feel he cant leave inconspicuously and more obliged to buy something.

I remember they gave me one of those "what kind of person you are" tests when I applied for a cashier at a gas station job that paid $4 an hour. scumbags. And don't try to cheat they say cause the test has questions that relate to one another in some way that they can tell :dunno:

Yes but I'm a bundle of contradictions.

I'm an excellent worker and a delightful human being - but dammit I'm a bundle of contradictions.

The 4th and final "question" was another head-scratcher. I didn't copy it down but the premise was that people in the company don't have time for long memos with flowery language and descriptions. So I was supposed to take a long paragraph and boil it down to the key elements and make a concise statement.

I actually think I did a pretty great, tidy job on that. Again, no idea how it relates to the position I am applying for but editing, I can do.

Well boiz, it's coming. Tuesday morning. Could make all the difference. Looking at nothing less than a major turning point in my life.

Potentially.

:gomuddygo:

oh oh. I hope it wasn't the Russians

He's probably on interview 438 by now

Man o man. It all seemed to go fine - then they said they'd get back to me in 3-5 days one way or the other - then when I got home I had both a voice message and an email saying they want to move forward with background checks - which seemed very promising - but what they want, among other things, is a copy of my high school diploma notarized with an official seal or stamp.

WTF????

I guess it must be doable but the fok if I know how to get that.

Guess I'll start figuring it out tomorrow.

Then there are the 5 professional references. Oh for the love of . . .

:facepalm:

fok that shit. unreal. I'll give you a background check :casperyo:
I mean you're still in warehousing not nuclear science right?

WTF would I go to get my HS diploma? :dunno: And like all they have put you through like this guy isn't an HS graduate! :wha:

This background check stuff is brutal, I had to go through it at my old place. They checked every single past job I held along with my university record. Took them forever to complete the check because a couple companies had since been bought out, and also because French people in QC tend to ignore/avoid English-language voicemails and interactions.

:mrquincy:

GL Muddy. Did Ontario high schools even keep records back in the 1890s? :ohmy:

from the yearbook

4P7fDv8.jpg

JjINqtT.jpg

Now I'm adding rogie's pics to the list of things not to look at the poker table.

Oh youse guise.

I actually got 5 references together no problem. Whole shit-ton of people are very happy and even anxious to help me out, it turns out.

As for the HS diploma, I asked the recruiter guy if he had any professional tips on how to go about it - tricks of the trade - and he said to give him a phone call so I'll do that.

I'll figure it out one way or another.

I'm in there like swimwear - they just don't know it yet.

In the selection process for my current job (the one which I'm about to jerk around) they wanted proof of high school graduation - but all I had to do there was tell them the school and the year I graduated. THEY did the groundwork.

When I call the guy tomorrow maybe I'll casually mention that hint, hint.

To get your hs diploma, you should be able contact your former school and have a copy sent.