is gamelive part of the sopa blackout?

• Start date
  • Replies 84 Comments
  • Views 5,892 Views
The best way I've heard SOPA put is something like

"guy buys a bootleg DVD on the subway; government shuts down the subway".

MF, what about the small fry? Who should protect him?

I understand we are talking outside the confines of sopa. As I always said (though some people missed it), sopa is NOT a viable solution.

Why should it be up to MF or the consumer to decide how the RIAA and MPAA protect its members?\

These are the EXACT same assholes who were against VCRs.

Did Hollywood ever make any money off of VHS tapes? Anybody know?

MF, what about the small fry? Who should protect him?

I understand we are talking outside the confines of sopa. As I always said (though some people missed it), sopa is NOT a viable solution.

What "small fries" are getting pirated with enough regularity to noticeably impact their bottom line? Artists typically sign contracts with the record companies to begin with. The artist is at the mercy of the prevailing technologies of the recording industry. So, it comes full circle.

while opposed to this legislation myself -- indeed, any legislation by the u.s. congress in its current form and m.o. -- it's really at the feet of everyone out there who continues to go to the polls and tick their ballots for any donkeys or elephants, as well as those who don't go to the polls due to their lame-ass excuse "my one vote won't count anyway." go back about 100 years and begin reviewing how the feds got involved in the rise of radio technology and business.

my u.s. representative is lamar smith, by the way. when i first moved into his district (from tom delay's, no less), i signed up for his e-mail newsletter and quickly found out that congress' supposed expert on i.t. didn't know a c-prompt from html code.

[video]http://www.twitvid.com/XNW9R[/video]

and some don't get that up front compensation and do just fine. lulz

MF do you ever sleep? I want what you got.

LOL. Depends. I'll go on 2-3 hours of sleep a day for about a week and then crash for 12-16 hours.

When I'm coding something big I get into a zone and forget about sleeping altogether.

Great minds like Leonardo Da Vinci limited their time of sleep as much as possible.

Great minds like Leonardo Da Vinci limited their time of sleep as much as possible.

what about eating, shitting, showering, etc? I fucking hate taking the time to do that nonsense

choo sometimes you just got to disconnect

what about eating, shitting, showering, etc? I fucking hate taking the time to do that nonsense

eating - attach a gigantic IV that can last for weeks
urinating - attach a gigantic catheter that can last for weeks (since you will be fed with fluids you won't have to shit as often)
showering - use consecutive layers of deodorant until you necessarily have to take a shower

choo sometimes you just got to disconnect

but i dont really want to disconnect. life and its great dilemmas.

the mota helps

eating - attach a gigantic IV that can last for weeks
urinating - attach a gigantic catheter that can last for weeks (since you will be fed with fluids you won't have to shit as often)
showering - use consecutive layers of deodorant until you necessarily have to take a shower

LOL once i learn how to disconnect from my grind station and think about these possibilities I'll be hitting you back up. Hopefully we are still cordial in 2014

congrats on 3k posts FW :propeller:

Thank you.

I'm not sure if artists get anything thru ASCAP for sales of blank media. I would guess yes. Bars/restaurants do have to pay a yearly fee for TV's, djs, bands, based on seating and how many TV's.