Is anyone here not an athiest?

• Start date
  • Replies 134 Comments
  • Views 5,747 Views
Muddy you hommo. Just grasp the knowledge.

I hope God is white.

does anyone else find it weird when someone else prays for them?

not trying to be a condescending dick nina & IAG.

my grandmother says this all the time, that she is praying for me. and for some reason it irritates the hell out of me.

I'm never offended by anything done out of good will

i don't get it either. but what are you going to say - you prayed for me, thanks. In other news of similar importance I just saw a squirrel.

my grandmother says this all the time, that she is praying for me. and for some reason it irritates the hell out of me.

Sounds like her prayers were answered if she was praying for your irritatation.

my family is at church. im on the couch in my boxers

I am but a bit conflicted because raised roman catholic - ccd, confirmed, whole 9 yards. Scared of hell.

Wow gl w that daddymatt
You better figure it out before you have another one of those "incidents" ..just sayin'

Just realized something Durito. How do all these football loving, god fearing peoples balance their Sundays? I mean aren't they all supposed to be at church?

they fear god only when its convenient

i don't get it either. but what are you going to say - you prayed for me, thanks. In other news of similar importance I just saw a squirrel.

:lol:

I am not an atheist. I am an agnostic.

Why? Because of my fundamental belief in saying I don't know when I don't know something. Atheism tends to claim strong belief or knowledge in what I consider the unknowable.

In principle, atheism is as far from my beliefs as religion (although, in practice, I can relate much better to atheists.)

This is me too.

I'll pray for you and MC too Cali.

You can go to church at 8:30 am here and be home easily in time for noon football. Not saying I do that, but theoretically it can be done.

how do these prayers work? If you pray for me to get a job, and I don't get it, can I blame you and god? If I do get a job, am I then indebted to you and god? What if I pray for the people of Kenya, and I pray for me to get a job. Then let's say I get a job (thanks God!) but there's a mass genocide in Kenya... Does that mean god likes me more?

What if it's simple praying for our sins... don't we create those sins? Isn't it a cop out to blame my sins on acts of god. Or when things go wrong, for me to blame it on god's will? What about when things go well? Is that because of god? Why does he/she/it [god] get all the credit and not me?

Why does going to a place which humans deem holy [church] make me closer to god? Hey, I live directly across the street from a church, does that mean I'm closer to god b/c I'm his neighbor? If I go into that church and pray, as an obviously cynical person, will I get smited?

On the note of smites, what is that exactly? Is there any physical evidence of a smite from [STRIKE]the gods[/STRIKE] god?

Why do so many people think there is only one god? Wouldn't it make sense for the All Mighty to delegate to other gods, like a well working machine to keep everything running? Then that would kind of answer my prayer questions. Because if I pray to the god of cooking that I don't burn Thanksgiving dinner, and then I pray to the god of war to keep our troops safe. But then a civilian bombing kills American troops giving out food, but my turkey is awesome, I can then say "okay well the cooking god had my back this Thursday, but the god of war must have missed my memo or was busy helping someone else." At lease then it isn't a "God likes me more than you" situation.

These are honest questions. Thoughts?

And wars happen because of it

:facepalm:

ive always felt that when someone says theyre praying for me, they are being purposefully condescending towards a nonbeliever. (not saying that you are IAG or nina) thats just how it comes across to me.