How will you die?

• Start date
  • Replies 139 Comments
  • Views 7,614 Views
Daft, you're going to have to walk me through the feasibility of Paleo.

On the 10 scale I'd rate the feasibility a 7.75.

:hurrah:

I might need to investigate it more. Seems a lot like Atkins, minus the dairy and legumes.

Well, dairy and legumes is nothing to shake a stick at, right?

I enjoy legumes, mostly because I like saying "legumes."

Well, dairy and legumes is nothing to shake a stick at, right?

Unless that stick is being used to stir the dairy in the shake.

Thats the French lady in you trying to get out.

funny004.jpg

A very possible cause of my death occurred to me today. It is an elephant-in-the-room which I have been willfully ignoring for a decade+.

Just down the street from where I live - the whole time I have lived here - there has been a big block of land fenced off. The reason, as I understand it, is that there was something dangerous dumped or leaked there by the previous occupant that makes it a toxic threat or whatever. There are frequently technicians in there assessing things but as of now, as far as reopening the land for business, no dice.

It is like half a mile from where I live. I walk or bike right along the fence pretty much every day.

It must be very bad because it is some EXTREMELY valuable real estate sitting there undeveloped for 15+ years. It is right on the lake. Port Credit, where I live, is prime suburb in terms of commuting to Toronto. I cannot stress enough how valuable it is.

It is not small either. Must be a square kilometer. Someone could build a handful of highrise condo complexes or whatever on there. Right, as I say, on the lake.

Whatever is going on in there must be bad.

So maybe that's how I'm going to die: in some kind of Erin Brockovich type deal.

Could just be some jew who's holding out for the right offer.

But yeah, it's a convenient commute to downtown, has to be worth a couple dollorz.

Muddy there used to be an old factory there, if you're talking about the land just east of Hurontario on the south side of Lakeshore.

No that's not the location.

It's actually the site of a former oil refinery which was there for 50 years and had several owners the last of which was Texaco (Imperial Oil). It was closed down and dismantled in 1985 but it left as it's legacy, issues with soil and groundwater contamination which, as I say, just might kill me some day.

:handshake:

Here is an aerial view:

TexacoProperty.jpg

Good commute though. If you had a job, downtown.

Good commute though. If you had a job, downtown.

I used to drive the GO Bus from Hamilton to downtown Toronto on the Lakeshore route, took 2 hours and 10 minutes and was the most popular route for Go Transit bus drivers. The "Hamilton-Toronto express" route via the QEW took 55 minutes.

It was cancelled in the early 90's due to lack of passengers - which is why it was popular with bus drivers.

Sd2P0oj.jpg

Yeah, if only you didn't have to bring on passengers, bus driving would be a hoot.

Fokken assholes should get their own vehicles.

The GO Train station is just out of that aerial pic on the top right. Straight shot downtown. That, along with the lake of course, is the big feature for Port Credit. That land is like solid gold.

Except of course for the lurking death.