How bout them Jays!

• Start date
  • Replies 738 Comments
  • Views 38,997 Views
I dunno. I say I don't want to go after Price because it suggests they are going for it for a few years then will be stuck in payroll hell for who-knows-how-long? The Phillies model.

In theory, I prefer the long-term competitiveness model. When guys get old and rickety, just get rid of them. No 38 year-olds on the downslope getting 30 million bucks. Keep turning things over.

However when I think about it, I don't really want to spend as much time focusing on baseball as I did this past summer every year - so being competitive in short spurts fits my lifestyle better.

Hopefully more often than once every 20 years though.

I just heard a local say out my window

Bacon is a cunt.

I lol'd hard.

Solid moment.

Getting Happ is okay. Jays had him before and he was okay.

Some okay stuff right there.

Really need Stroman and Sanchez to step up and be front-of-the-order guise this season, I think.

Those two posts I made made no sense, sorry.

Very bad time for bacon, going to take some time off here.

Cannot believe holidays and no Cami. What a fucking idiot.

Peace.

So now the Blue Jays have hired Ross Atkins as their new General Manager. New President, Mark Shapiro, who was brought over from the Cleveland Indians, has reached back to the Indians to get Atkins.

So wonderful as a Blue Jays fan. We are raiding the Indians organization. I only hope we can duplicate the Indians level of success.

That's what I have always aspired to: being the next Cleveland Indians.

They are both highly respected in the industry though. So I hear. That means a lot. Generic people making generic statements about them being highly respected in the industry. No one ever makes empty statements about things like that.

It's impossible not to be ecstatic.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about new Blue Jays President Mark Shapiro but man, the guy just comes off as an arrogant choad.

An arrogant choad, I might add, without a ton of winning in his history.

He did a lot more with a lot less with the Indians over the past 20 years. He hasn't given out any stupid contracts yet. The Happ deal is looking really smart right about now.

Sure. No one has had less success than the Blue Jays over the past 20 years. We'll see how the baseball goes.

I just don't see why he is so arrogant. There are so many really obvious PR gestures he could make - that wouldn't be an ounce more effort - but his attitude and the way he makes statements - it's like he's going out of his way to say he's the smartest guy in the room and he's too important to explain anything to lowly fans.

The latest thing is announcing that putting grass in the Rogers Center is no longer a priority. Okay fine. But we have been told that we would be getting it by 2018. So why has that changed? Like he could explain that research with the U of Guelph developers have shown it is much more of a challenge than they previously thought. That would be understandable.

Like just acknowledge that grass is a nice thing that fans and players want and it's a bummer that they are not standing by that commitment any more - but there is a reason - and say what that reason is - and maybe say sorry bout that but we are going to keep doing everything we can to improve the fan experience.

Like really obvious PR stuff that would cost nothing.

Has the dude got Aspergers or something?

really? I thought hey were more of the middle of the road team.

Royals Pirates were pretty bad

Depends how you measure. The Blue Jays had the longest streak of not making the playoffs heading into last season. And they were never even close. They hadn't had a meaningful game after August since 1993.

That's bad. No one was worse.

In terms of raw wins and losses, I would guess there were worse teams. Blue Jays had a bunch of seasons around .500 while finishing 4th in their division. Shit like that.

Another classless display by a Blue Jays fan last night by chucking a beer at O's outfielder during play.

Good win for the team tho.