How bout them Jays!

• Start date
  • Replies 738 Comments
  • Views 39,373 Views
Loads of hysteria in BlueJaysLand as it appears GM Alex Anthopolous and the team are parting ways.

Actually, I'm not even sure that's accurate. People are freaking out and saying that, but all I actually know is he rejected an offer which, to me, might just mean there is an ongoing negotiation.

But maybe he's gone. People are acting like all the fans will stage a protest uprising and no free agent will ever want to come here again. Because I guess free agents never go to teams that don't have Alex Anthopolous or something.

:endoftheworld:

That's business y'all. People come and go.

I just hope it means we end up with a new manager.

Last edited:
Cool slow mo

[WEBM]https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/lm6o.mp4[/WEBM]

When I played ball, one of the guys I sometimes played catch with would throw me the occasional recreational knuckleball.

It was a thing.

after the Bronco game there was a score update on the ticker 2-2 10th. So I turned it on :guitar:

12118600_323875954402928_1020448531746627241_n.jpg

Denis Smith :whengy: do it for the old timers

People have gone completely over the edge about Alex Anthopolous.

The guy was considered better than 50/50 to be fired about 4 months ago - after 4.5 years of mediocre results - and then he traded away the whole farm system - but the gamble had a limited payoff - so now he sitting right at the edge of sainthood.

He walked away from a great contract offer - good money - 1-year opt-out clause so he can test how he feels about the new front office regime - but no, he declined and walked away.

People are acting like he was nailed up on a cross by Romans.

Got whiplash from the fan reaction switcheroo today.

I didn't hear the news conference where Mark Shapiro introduced himself as our new president but before it, everyone wanted Alex Anthopoulos granted sainthood, afterward the tone had switched to calls for his lynching due to destroying our farm system.

I guess Shapiro won the press conference.

Certainly the Dickey trade has to be the worst trade in Jays history.

I know. I have this vision of 5 years down the road where there are like 5 pitching prospects that the Jays traded away all in the running for Cy Youngs.

Ehh, whatever, it was an exciting run this year and they really seriously could have won the World Series. Still could too. Still lots to work with going forward.

I thought for sure Price was a goner, but it's looking like there's a real possibility he could resign.

I would bet large money that he won't. I don't blame him for for talking things up and trying to stoke the bidding war - but push comes to shove, I don't see the Jays being a player in that (and, unless there is something completely unexpected going on with that market and they could actually get him for a couple or 3 years, I'd prefer they keep out of it.)