Hockey Talk

• Start date
  • Replies 1,102 Comments
  • Views 45,010 Views
thats fine. But tell me what is it you'd expect to see in a 10 team league.

higher speed? higher scoring? more creative play? Or do you just like the idea of a more elite sounding enterprise?

I'm surprised you have such a strong opinion about the matter, muddy. I recall you saying that you haven't watched or been a fan of the NHL for years..

Was that why you lost interest years ago?

Are there any stats that prove it has become worse since Bettman and extra teams have been involved?

Holly cow! did you see that speed by Nyquist?

Big news on Philly sites today is "is Mason the weakest link?"

Maybe post that shit AFTER Bobsy rolls into town tomorrow night in a crucial game for both teams. I know they're probably right but dude, come on. We are trying to to have this guy lead us deep. My thoughts are let him get his shit together for this.

higher speed? higher scoring? more creative play? Or do you just like the idea of a more elite sounding enterprise?

l like the sound of a more elite sounding enterprise (whatever that is). The NHL has problems with weak teams folding, merging, and moving since the 70'sand this commish wants to add more teams? Sounds like a brillant move, sigh.

No other leagues have ever had weak franchises.

:royals:

You are making me repeat myself. There would be less crappy players and a higher concentration of good players. I would expect to see a higher concentration of top players and not a bunch of what should be minor leaguers.

Better players play better. They are more skilled, faster, smarter, more creative. Every single important dimension of the game, they are better. By definition.

Less crappy players would mean less crappy players.

Hey, I can do devil's advocate arguments too. Each team should have 5 women. It would add to, I dunno, creativity. Sure, that's it. Adding a bunch of players that weren't good enough to even be in the league before will magically make things better. Prove me wrong.

I'm surprised you have such a strong opinion about the matter, muddy. I recall you saying that you haven't watched or been a fan of the NHL for years..

Was that why you lost interest years ago?

Are there any stats that prove it has become worse since Bettman and extra teams have been involved?

Great. Looking for stats about opinions. I dunno. There probably are stats relating to opinion polls. Sounds like the most useless stats of all time but I imagine they are out there. I will leave it to you to look it up.

I have my personal taste and people keep shelling out money etc etc.

Going in circles.

We need to to bring back the Atlanta Thrashers. Then everyone can settle down.

Team Canada this year was the highest concentrated talent ever put on a team.

They barely beat Latvia.

So there's that.

:chickendance:

Now if only the best players played at their best every night..then the NHL would be PERFECT.

They should clone Gretzky and only let his clones play!

lol

ovi.gif

Thing I learned today - there are 862 players in the NHL.

3oQ2zol.jpg