Hockey Talk

• Start date
  • Replies 1,102 Comments
  • Views 45,015 Views
Bettman is selling an advertising medium that is financed by the big markets. He'll put a team in fokken Alabama if he can get away with it.

ROOOOLL TIDE
afhanj6.jpg

Is that Bread?

Team Canada this year was the highest concentrated talent ever put on a team.

They barely beat Latvia.

So there's that.

:chickendance:

that is pretty much my impression. More concentrated talent would not lead to a higher quality of play or more watchable and entertaining hockey. Especially when you're talking an extra 5-10% of players. There is an abundance of skilled hockey players.

Maybe if you're talking about Japan I can understand that after 5 players you'd have a hard time finding guys who can skate. Not so in nhl.

As a player yourself I'm glad you agree with me Blitster :cheers:

Still doesn't mean people will spend $100 to watch them play in these new markets.

No other leagues have ever had weak franchises.

:royals:

So it's ok then? The nhl isn't as strong as the other leagues either. They should work on their weak franchises before adding 2 more.

Still doesn't mean people will spend $100 to watch them play in these new markets.

hey, thats up to the league planners and capitalists. I'll watch em on my tv :cheers:

When you're pushing for a playoff spot tip #1 on what to do is do not score a goal for over 130 minutes of hockey.

I don't know jackshit about hockey, but I love watching it with Bacon and rooting on his team.

I bet after last the Flyers have some regret about letting that goalie go...I thought maybe they could play his weakness against him and score a couple times....so much for that thought. They were starting to look good again, and then went down in flames...how disappointing.

Bacon, thoughts on how they can improve next season? New coach?

Still a very decent at making the playoffs Caminator and if we get in we're dangerous, the defense is still rock solid.

A goal or two once in a few games is a real perk though.

Tough loss but felt good for Bobsy, he was always a gamer and a good sport and you could tell it meant a lot to him.

I think I would have to argue on the defense. If their defense were rock solid, they probably wouldn't be getting scored on so much, they need to focus on the offense and scoring more, obviously.

So, again, I ask, what do you think they need to improve on for next season, do you think they should get a new coach?

Flyers are in for sure. Leafs only have 4 remaining games - even if they win all 4, that's only 92 points.

Flyers need 6 points in 6 remaining games to beat that.

Washington's too far.

Well, they need to start scoring goals again if they are going to get those last 6 points....:fingerscrossed:

I think Bacon said they are playing the Bruins next, I hate to say it, but I don't see that going well....of course I hope they surprise us but...

6 in 6 should be a piece of cake I didn't know we were in that good of shape, good deal. Not liking facing the B's as they hit the skids a little and are pissed off.

Jaysus with the Leafs. Fokked up.

So how many points total does a team need?

It's not an exact science, but 90 or 91 is probably going to be enough for the 2nd wildcard spot.

Well, if the leafs do well then, won't they have a shot at the wild card?

Yes cami. But they're the Leafs.

:mrquincy:

whats going on here? :clueless: trying to reverse jinx the Flyers? Bacon must be confusing the shit out of Cami again