Has this happened to anyone? (kind of gross)

• Start date
  • Replies 122 Comments
  • Views 6,267 Views
Shari would you be terribly upset if the quote I made in my first post becomes my new sig?

Just thinking about it. No big deal either way. tia

They make a solution to flush your nose. I have to do it when I get a sinus infection. It's a pretty gross feeling, but I would guess it's better than a noodle up the nose.

Saline solution. I use that stuff when I get sick. It def does the trick.

nasal_cavity_lateral.jpg

Tell me where you feel the pain. I'm a doctor.

A line of cocaine should clear her out :pogo:

Jello - no worries at all :)

Tella and Blitty - I actually think I may have some baby saline solution samples here. Going to go start ripping open boxes to check.

Freefall - I can't figure that diagram out at all but it feels like if you were to stick your finger in your nose as far as you could to pick a boogie, there's a point where your finger won't go any further. It's burning right past that point all the way down to my throat but I can definitely sense the noodle bit is more up top. Almost like the burning sensation is just carrying down to my throat as an afterthought.

People can be intubated through the nose so theoretically you should be able to slide some kind of long rubbery tube right in the nostril and it should push any blockages right out.

In terms of physical properties of the tube, I'm looking at all these computer/mouse cables here and thinking something like that would do the job.

Easy to talk about - but to actually do it? That would be a trip.

If Oksana actually decides to put a mouse cable up her nose, I would like pictures.

Saline solution didn't work. Just kind of ended up in my throat. I even tried the aspirator that came with the sample.

I caved in and called the hospital. First person I talked to told me to do that blow thing to my husband as that should do it (it's called the parent's kiss apparently) but I had to lie and say I already tried that. She asked someone else who said either use a straw to try to suck it out or come in and they can use a tool to get it out.

:fok: that

The pasta is probably drying out, and that is why it is sticking in there. I say sloshing around in the bathtub is your best shot.

:hahaha: @ the blowdryer

do it:greencheck:

or tilt your head back and snort drops of water

3.5 hrs after this first happened, I'm still stuffed but I'm giving up for the moment.

Instead I've been making myself feel better by reading about others who have endured this debilitating condition:

"This happens to me frequently. I've had spaghetti, tofu, potato, vegetables, and various other foods become lodged in my sinus cavities, generally after starting to cough or sneeze while eating."

"You have food? In your head? Other than the cheese you're made of? (the OP's name was Mister Cheese). And you're not going to a doctor? I don't care that you don't have insurance -- dude, you're going to have compost in your face. Find a clinic."

"I had a piece of scotch tape stuck in my sinuses a couple months ago which successfully came out after a few days of irrigations"

"Does anyone know of a good way to convey water up the nose?"

"True story - my uncle, who is now early 50s, once put a pea up his nose when he was 3 and his mother only found out when it started sprouting and growing from his nose."

"my son when 3 kept saying he had an alien up his nose..... yes dear we said, has it got a name? is it a friendly alien etc? after 2 days of this he did a huge sneeze at the dinner table and an almond shot out of his nose..... he said "see i told you there was an alien up there"..... and it was just the right shape.... if not quite green. ha!"

I swallowed a penny when I was a baby
my mom still has that penny
guess how she got it ????

"True story - my uncle, who is now early 50s, once put a pea up his nose when he was 3 and his mother only found out when it started sprouting and growing from his nose."

:redx: