Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 34,008 Views
Muddy if your writing a book refer to me in a positive way.... I don't want no bull shit....

Mine keeps asking me to update it, I haven't done that yet.

Now I am intrigued, I will have to update after work. I look forward to it.

Chrome is going to take out URLs from the address bar. Fuck that!

ppDJ3wt.png

Fuck Chrome. some of the extensions I use in Firefox are not allowed by Chrome (google) - especially anything that can download videos from youtube.

Try installing "video download helper" for chrome. You can't but you can in firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Same thing for adblock. The adblock plus is available for both chrome and firefox but allows ads on youtube, so I use adblock edge instead, but chrome wont let you use that add-on either.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/

So fuck chrome. My laptop runs amazingly fast using ubuntu 14 and firefox.

Why does my computer suddenly only have sound coming out of the computer rather than out of the speakers?

I am not aware of changing anything in that regard in years. Suddenly the speakers, while the lights are on, are silent. Cords all look okay.

Anyone got any theories what a tech boob might have done to cause that? Are there some settings I should look at? MrX?

What's with all the shitting on Chrome? Fuck you guys.

Muddy what version of Windows?

It's a PC. Lenovo G470?

Windows 7 Home Premium

If you right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray (lower right of the screen) and select "playback devices", what do you see?

My sound runs through an audio interface by the way. That's what I use for recording music. It's a Steinberg CI1. Like the speakers plug into that which in turn has a cord that runs to the computer. But I haven't touched it. The master volume is at a normal setting.

Don't know if that is relevant.

It is. You want to click on the second item - Line (Steinberg CI1). That's where you wanna route your sound output.

You can also right-click on it and make it the default device.