Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 33,898 Views
Here is my next question.

I have a goal to see all the Best Picture Oscar winners and I have 2 left, Gentleman's Agreement (1947) and Wings (1927).

Now they do both happen to show up at TPB. Problem is - at least I believe this is the problem - they have very low numbers of seeders and leechers. I tried to grab GA but it conked out halfway through.

So I guess my question is, does anyone have any suggestions about how I can grab those films other than just wait and hope they show up on TCM at some point?

As a test, I just started downloading both of these off of TPB, and both have multiple seeders and will download no problem. :dunno:

If your BT client isn't configured correctly, you might not be connecting to all of the seeders, and you may be getting bumped by a seeder, which is bad if there's only a couple.

Good find, IAG. I'm seeing seven seeders for Wings, so you should be good to go, Muddy.

MrX, when I tried to grab Gentlemans Agreement, it did start. But it just kinda stalled in midstream.

Lemme ask you this: unless I'm missing something, there are only 3 copies of GA at TPB. Was it the first one you tried which has 2 $ 2 SE & LE?

I see the third one is a significantly smaller file but only has 2 & 0.

I don't know what is important to look for with this.

I grabbed the GABE copy. Smallest file.

My BT client currently shows 2 seeders and 6 leechers, and is downloading quickly.

Don't trust the reported seed numbers on TPB, they will often be better.

Huh. Just needed to try it again apparently.

Liftoff, we have liftoff 'n shit.

I did up to a point, yup. I did 10 pages per file after that. Lemme see . . .

I have 8 files covering the first 83 pages. Then I put it on my scheduler to grab whatever is new every 4 months or so although I don't know that the quality warrants it anymore. But whatever, it's a simple enough procedure if I feel like it.

Expecting to have some techyish questions shortly. Yes, I will google what I am looking for but it's hard to imagine I will not have follow-up issues.

So don't nobody go nowhere.

holy shit you googled and it helped?

I have to try that.

Muddy come watch this movie with us. Bring anyone BUT pauperguy.

Last edited:
Solved the case my own self.

You're talking about that Stallone/DeNiro thing? Hmm.

How bout you just watch the shit out of it enough for the both of us?