go wall street protest

• Start date
  • Replies 513 Comments
  • Views 34,022 Views
The public has to lay claim to the wealth. It's their right.

What wealth? They're only entitled to whatever public funds are being squandered by the bloated government.

These people need to occupy the White House.*

tell me how protesting is gonna change anything?

only way anything will change is if everyone in congress/senate is kicked out and put some average Joe's in that have a stake in the way things are done.

human nature, we're doomed
every civilization is destined for a downfall

I think the only way we get what you call for in your second statement at this point..... is by starting with the protesting that you question in your first question...

We are doomed. but it doesn't have to be during my lifetime or with my retirement fund.....

I think any meaningful change happens with rumblings and noise from the "common joes"

I'm just not sure this movement has the juice, to focus that noise.... we need a common joe leader

I'd rather bail out every college loan in america than another fucking retard bank.

i see what you are saying papi

however, the larger issue is self-reliance

bailing out should have never happened in the first place

bankruptcy happens

there are methods in place that should have been used

AIG was insured

Well, it's how the word jobs is thrown around by politicians. And I would say, not smartly by protesters. Whenever politicians etc. say we need to create jobs what they are really saying is they want to give money to business, expand, further ruin the environment, perhaps invade a country create markets etc. And in the proses of doing this it might create some jobs. :dunno:

Basically when politicians say, create jobs, what they're really saying is create profit for elites. (mostly by transferring more public money to corporations) People need to stop begging for meaningless "jobs" and focus on demanding their rights.

That is an excellent point.

But I'm not sure what the public's rights are beyond basic shelter, food and care.

Remember that you live in a country where self-made men like Steve Jobs can happen. He didn't leverage an unfair advantage (old money/social status) into an empire - he fokken built it. The USA is a remarkable country that way.

I dunno, maybe it's because America is such a fucked up country. But I can't imagine that if you work hard, make sacrifices and commit to something that you wouldn't be able to achieve your goals, whatever those goals may be.

There is a feeling of entitlement with youth. I mean you can't expect to be earning $85k/yr with a history degree. Maybe your parents were able to do that but those days are gone.

"I'm educated and can't find a job yada yada yada..." I don't think most of these people are willing to pick strawberries or work the night shift at Popeye's until something better comes along. Hard work and sacrifice always pays off.

As peons the majority of us will always be on the outside. And I think the ability to affect change through demonstrations like this are long gone. There are people with too much power and money that will simply not allow things to change. So you either join them or you play hacky sack while listening to Phish on Wall St. complaining about shadowy men in dark rooms fucking up your life.

I'm not sure what the public's rights are though beyond basic shelter, food and care.

Remember that you live in a country where self-made men like Steve Jobs can happen. He didn't leverage an unfair advantage (old money/social status) into an empire - he fokken built it. The USA is a remarkable country that way.

good say matty

I dunno, maybe it's because America is such a fucked up country. But I can't imagine that if you work hard, make sacrifices and commit to something that you wouldn't be able to achieve your goals, whatever those goals may be.

There is a feeling of entitlement with youth. I mean you can't expect to be earning $85k/yr with a history degree. Maybe your parents were able to do that but those days are gone.

"I'm educated and can't find a job yada yada yada..." I don't think most of these people are willing to pick strawberries or work the night shift at Popeye's until something better comes along. Hard work and sacrifice always pays off.

As peons the majority of us will always be on the outside. And I think the ability to affect change through demonstrations like this are long gone. There are people with too much power and money that will simply not allow things to change. So you either join them or you play hacky sack while listening to Phish on Wall St. complaining about shadowy men in dark rooms fucking up your life.

good say fiver

Those are the ones that make me most furious kato. I was down there the other day and a kid had a sign "60k in student debt, no job, where's my bailout?" So insulting to me. I borrowed 200k. I did it. I signed the master promisory note. Me.

Now I am fighting and clawing to pay that back. I work some crap job that is a complete underuse of my education and more insulting my skills/intelligence. But unlike that entitled fuck down there sitting with a sign I am taking some responsibility for my own lot in lfe. Would I have taken this debt load if the job outlook was as bleak as it is today? Or if the money hadn't been so easy to get? FUCK NO. But you know what I TOOK THAT RISK. No wall street baker forced me to sign on the dotted line. There was no politician coercing me with promises of riches if I got a law degree. I played the game, and along with everyone who played from 2005 - 2009 I lost.

Am I pissed about losing? You're goddamn right I am. Do I think I got dealt a raw deal? You're goddamn right I do. So what am I gonna about it? I can tell you what I'm not gonna do, sit on the sidelines complaining about the rules of the game. Put me in coach I'm ready to play.

Those are the ones that make me most furious kato. I was down there the other day and a kid had a sign "60k in student debt, no job, where's my bailout?" So insulting to me. I borrowed 200k. I did it. I signed the master promisory note. Me.

Now I am fighting and clawing to pay that back. I work some crap job that is a complete underuse of my education and more insulting my skills/intelligence. But unlike that entitled fuck down there sitting with a sign I am taking some responsibility for my own lot in lfe. Would I have taken this debt load if the job outlook was as bleak as it is today? Or if the money hadn't been so easy to get? FUCK NO. But you know what I TOOK THAT RISK. No wall street baker forced me to sign on the dotted line. There was no politician coercing me with promises of riches if I got a law degree. I played the game, and along with everyone who played from 2005 - 2009 I lost.

Am I pissed about losing? You're goddamn right I am. Do I think I got dealt a raw deal? You're goddamn right I do. So what am I gonna about it? I can tell you what I'm not gonna do, sit on the sidelines complaining about the rules of the game. Put me in coach I'm ready to play.

excellent post Boner_18

But I'm not sure what the public's rights are beyond basic shelter, food and care.

ah, that's a big part of it. In some countries people have medicine.

Definitely America needs to take better care of their own. Trying to fuck up social security and deny medical coverage to people is stone age type shit.

Basic Canadian healthcare is a joke.

Most corporations are happy to help in return for your services.

That is part of the problem. Same thing with idiots data mining results from the distant past in order to find +EV situations NOW. Shit ain't the same no mo but the advisors acts like it is.

Maybe we should start putting less focus on the degree and more on the desired career.