reno cool

Fuck You Mocha Joe
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
:woohoo:

foley-square-640.jpg

what are your thoughts on this protesting stuff RC?

I love the on the street interviews with these people

Classic

Most of them have no clue what they are protesting

Nothing else going on, might as well take my bra off and block the Brooklyn bridge

I love the on the street interviews with these people

Classic

Most of them have no clue what they are protesting

Nothing else going on, might as well take my bra off and block the Brooklyn bridge

Reminds me of college.

Seems to me the most meaningful American protest in my lifetime. Public is showing it is no longer fooled. It will not be divided do to irrelevant side issues. A discourse can now be had on a clearer and genuine level.

The simple understanding that government and business are tied together at the expense of the public, can change the nature of political struggle. Also its good for people to see that others are aware, everybody else is not stupid (unlike what media portrays). :clap:

Business is made of people.

Banks are the only true evil.*

I dunno. Monsanto and Koch Industries are pretty evil.

nice post, RC

I've kind of ignored it/not paid attention to it. but am starting to desire to find out more.

My main thinking has been... it doesn't matter if someone like me agrees with what, how, why, when, where they are doing it...

But if it

a) gets my attention and makes me think more deeply about issues and how they affect me, my neighbors, my future children.... that's a good thing..

b) if it is within the bounds of our laws and constitution and gets anyone talking about the issues... and not just the actual movement...that's a good thing

c) if it gets those in power to acknowledge the "movement" and any of what they are standing for... that's a good thing.

d) if it helps the "powers that be" realize that the little people still count and have voices and are not brain washed masses.... that's a good thing

I still haven't really digested enough about their actual concerns or the responses to have anything to say about the "what's" and "whys"

but if people feel the need, and its not fueled by bigotry or hate.... by all means go for it, and more power to you...

I wanna go there with the sign that says: fuck jobs, put the rich into jobs. fuck health insurance, we want health.

It's important to break through the propaganda lingo

Business is made of people.

I believe people are evil too though, so I guess I'd say Business is tainted too and not beyond reproach. (except apple...RIP Steviejobs)

the more power a business, person, or bank or whatever gets.... the more potential that even a tiny amount of evil inherent within HAS to potentially hurt

I wanna go there with the sign that says: fuck jobs

you'd get beaten with their ipads and iphones... lol, just bad timing...

seriously though

what do you mean by the "put the rich into jobs" comment though... I don't follow

I believe people are evil too though, so I guess I'd say Business is tainted too and not beyond reproach. (except apple...RIP Steviejobs)

the more power a business, person, or bank or whatever gets.... the more potential that even a tiny amount of evil inherent within HAS to potentially hurt

Agreed. Just saying, whoever controls the money really has the power.

This Wall Street thing seems misguided.

I wanna go there with the sign that says: fuck jobs, put the rich into jobs. fuck health insurance, we want health.

Can't put the F-word on a sign and display it in public. Get arrested for that.

I don't follow either.

In penn station this morning the cops were rounding up the homeless (penn is full of them at 630am) and telling them there is free food/shelter downtown (here the protesters are camping). Two birds meet one stone.

This Wall Street thing seems misguided.

most likely... and again i'm coming from almost a blank slate...

but I think i'm okay with misguided movement... because the people of the nation and those in power will still have to react and re-guide themselves in light of the misguided movement.... if its BS then people and powers will shrug it off... but if there is any merit to what they are saying.... then I guess it can still work

it depends upon your operational definition of misguided I guess. Why would you say its misguided?

Well, it's how the word jobs is thrown around by politicians. And I would say, not smartly by protesters. Whenever politicians etc. say we need to create jobs what they are really saying is they want to give money to business, expand, further ruin the environment, perhaps invade a country create markets etc. And in the proses of doing this it might create some jobs. :dunno:

Basically when politicians say, create jobs, what they're really saying is create profit for elites. (mostly by transferring more public money to corporations) People need to stop begging for meaningless "jobs" and focus on demanding their rights.