go wall street protest

• Start date
  • Replies 513 Comments
  • Views 34,029 Views
also, to save me time in trying to fine unbiased reports from random places on the web..

what are these occupiers main gripes? that we've had a bad decade in the economy, the bail outs, enron type fiascos? are they looking for more regulations or total upheavel? Do they have any solutions? or are they just making noise over PROBLEMS after the fact?

I like this quote from the article and kinda sums up an answer to one of my questions.....

"think they can just show up one day, pissed off, and get something done. That’s the heart of this movement. Much has been made of their catchall list of demands, but really you can simplify all of it to “we want things to NOT suck.” "

Agreed. Just saying, whoever controls the money really has the power.

This Wall Street thing seems misguided.

The public has to lay claim to the wealth. It's their right.

From what I hear it is very well guided. The demand is simply: policy has to be made that addresses the needs of the general public. We demand it. We understand that this is not what's currently happening. We will no longer be fooled by bs propaganda. We are aware that countless evils are a direct and deliberate result of policy that aims to enrich the few at the expense of everyone else.

Well, it's how the word jobs is thrown around by politicians. And I would say, not smartly by protesters. Whenever politicians etc. say we need to create jobs what they are really saying is they want to give money to business, expand, further ruin the environment, perhaps invade a country create markets etc. And in the proses of doing this it might create some jobs. :dunno:

Basically when politicians say, create jobs, what they're really saying is create profit for elites. (mostly by transferring more public money to corporations) People need to stop begging for meaningless "jobs" and focus on demanding their rights.

ok that clarifies it for me more....

sounds like the protestors don't really think about HOW jobs are really created.... they just want the "RESULTS" but if they got what the jobs they wanted, more than likely the jobs would be created by about 10 other things that this group would be upset by as well.

Reno you should take a trip out here to view it with your own eyes. You talk about the media selling us magic beans. From your understanding of this "movement" it appears you are the main customer.

Shocking that the corporate media would try to discredit. I'm sure there's a lot of silly kids there etc. but thats ok.
If you want some decent news coverage try http://www.democracynow.org/

Boner what about seeing it with your own eyes makes you a "non-customer"

I want to hear more of that shit......

I mean i've never seen a movement that really did anything...

we all read about the revolutionary war and boston tea party shit.... we read about the civil war...we read about Women's Lib and the Civil Right movment.... but we see it all doctored up and shinied up for the us the educational student customers....

like I said before... with the upcoming election, if we get the politicans to sit at the table and be "customers" i'm all for it...

asshats should be marching in d.c. against congress, not wall street.

do you think the location matters that much though? as long as they are getting Press.... isn't that there main goal?

to have guys like us talking about their questions and how they relate to us....... on gambling forums?

Boner's article does bring up a great point....

THIS MOVEMENT HAS NO LEADER.... no one to make sure that the angry mob's impact, results in any change except some arrest records...

this might also speak to Matty's misguided notion as well.... doesn't seem guided at all?

I'm sure they have and will. Marching on Wall street is symbolic and underscores the idea that both are responsible and work together. The public now understands this. It's a considerable step forward.

The elites are happy to have people bitch about government and bureaucracy, they encourage it. Govt. is their fall guy. That's why they have meaningless elections every couple years.

I believe they did or were going to. Then again who is they?

again I ask...

does it matter who the "they" IS.... or where the "they" is...

as long as politicians with "power" and those with the real $ and real power, take note.... and at least think about change?

I see no harm in it, big picture

fuck leaders

however-

this seems misguided

i hate the youth of our generation

lets go to college, take out a loan, be in debt, expect someone to solve your problems

tell me how protesting is gonna change anything?
these are just modern day hippie wanna be's looking for some kind of attention and say THEY were part of a protest

only way anything will change is if everyone in congress/senate is kicked out and put some average Joe's in that have a stake in the way things are done.... of course then the average Joe's will become corrupt just like the rest of them.

human nature, we're doomed
every civilization is destined for a downfall
doesnt history repeat itsself?

lets go to college, take out a loan, be in debt, expect someone to solve your problems

I'd rather bail out every college loan in america than another fucking retard bank.