Giving Comedy a Try

• Start date
  • Replies 270 Comments
  • Views 6,068 Views
Okay so Julie and watched this after wine just now.

first 1:21 Julie was ready to give up, but I assured her (knowing VD) that something creative was going to happen.
The next 2 minutes proved I was right. We both laughed at the concept of asking social media for questions to Jesus. We both liked the 7/11 bit.
The last minute, I personally thought it was rushed and took away from what you were going for. Julie thought the direction you took was cute, but also could've done more with it and tighter.

All in all, you have the concept. You have the aesthetic. Now just work a bit on the bit itself and you’ll be golden pal.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah honestly the first 2 mins is where I wish I'd done better. I enjoy a slow build, but I've got to appreciate attention spans being what they are, I've gotta punch it up and win the view early.

The end was rushed by design, to go from an indepth answer on the afterlife to a stupid-shit super quick ending was the bit I was going for haha.

Glad you enjoyed it all in all. Definitely have lots of room to grow but glad ya'll at least agree the potential is there!

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah honestly the first 2 mins is where I wish I'd done better. I enjoy a slow build, but I've got to appreciate attention spans being what they are, I've gotta punch it up and win the view early.

The end was rushed by design, to go from an indepth answer on the afterlife to a stupid-shit super quick ending was the bit I was going for haha.

Glad you enjoyed it all in all. Definitely have lots of room to grow but glad ya'll at least agree the potential is there
I totally got the “rush” thing you were going for. I meant more that it could’ve been fleshed out a bit more. I saw the contrast going from the actual deep question back to the viewers choice question.

I meant more that you could’ve played that joke up a little more.

Did you see the end of the AI one? That was my masterpiece loop!
I had seen it but it was so smooth I hadn't notice it.

One thing I learned was that you can view a Short without the loop in a Video format if you add it's ID to the watch?v= URL.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ce4zZpMoLmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce4zZpMoLmw

YouTube has given up on me I guess.

First 9 views: 2309/44/2354/5405/140/1587/1296/1652/1267

Last 4 views: 337/20/10/4

GG the dream was fun while it lasted lol

Davey did you go to WrestleMania at SoFi and you didn't tell us?

What do those #’s mean
His first 9 videos: first one got 2309 views, second one 44, third 2356, fourth 5405, and on

His latest 4 videos: 4th to last 337, 3rd to last 20, 2nd to last 40, latest 4

He's showing a decline trend

BUT

today's video has gotten 2100 views in 11 hours

common Davey too early to quit :devilwoman:

at least 18,489 views in 12 days from 15 videos with about 40 subscribers gained

for a new account imo wally i don't think this is bad

His first 9 videos: first one got 2309 views, second one 44, third 2356, fourth 5405, and on

His latest 4 videos: 4th to last 337, 3rd to last 20, 2nd to last 40, latest 4

He's showing a decline trend

BUT

today's video has gotten 2100 views in 11 hours

common Davey too early to quit :devilwoman:
Haha def not quitting yet, gotta give it a few months at least.

It was crazy, I had 4 views on todays, added a couple hashtags to the description and it popped off to 2900. Go figure!

Let’s talk #hashtags.

There are people that will type the word ‘funny’ in a search bar. And then sit there and watch possibly hours of videos like VD’s on YT?

I’ve never just typed words like ‘comedy’ ‘laugh’ ‘haha’.

But I’m guessing people do that, and that’s why hashtags are a thing?

Correct, or is it more of a SEO thing?

Let’s talk #hashtags.

There are people that will type the word ‘funny’ in a search bar. And then sit there and watch possibly hours of videos like VD’s on YT?

I’ve never just typed words like ‘comedy’ ‘laugh’ ‘haha’.

But I’m guessing people do that, and that’s why hashtags are a thing?

Correct, or is it more of a SEO thing?
Yeah, legitimately no idea.

If I had to guess, I think it's an SEO play. Like I'm talking about all sorts of different topics, the algorithm probably has no clue who the hell to show my videos to. By labeling them I'm giving the algo a clue.

Highly doubt hashtags would help with discoverability as clicking on one lists vids by all-time views as opposed to new/fresh/current things popping anyway.