Giving Comedy a Try

• Start date
  • Replies 270 Comments
  • Views 5,919 Views
gl vd

rooting for you

either 4,000 watch hours on standard vids in one year (😱)

so that's 240,000 minutes, with say an average watch time of 30 seconds per view that's close to half a million views needed before getting monetized

:yikes:

Wow. I had to fact check that smart and final thing because I didn’t believe it.

Once of the biggest surprises of the last century imo.

Wow. I had to fact check that smart and final thing because I didn’t believe it.

Once of the biggest surprises of the last century imo.
I was so mad that one got very little traffic. It really is a banger of a fun fact 😂

It's not perfect, I could have written and acted it out a bit tighter, but I'm proud of all the green screen and video editing techniques I learned on the fly to put it together. Hope you enjoy!

I really liked that, Dave. Clever!

Getting better!!!Love the fact you poked fun at other content creators with they’re unimaginative questions.Suggestion,some background visuals would kick your videos up a notch(you wearing a crown of thorns when you were playing Jesus,maybe you giving the horse/ducks a elbow smash in the clouds).Continued Success

I'm constantly checking Davey's Views, Subscribers and Likes count :crazynun: It's addicting
Make a reel of you getting schoolgirl excited with Davey’s viewership increasing!!!

I'm constantly checking Davey's Views, Subscribers and Likes count :crazynun: It's addicting
I wish I could crack the code to get more views, it all still feels very random.

Getting better!!!Love the fact you poked fun at other content creators with they’re unimaginative questions.Suggestion,some background visuals would kick your videos up a notch(you wearing a crown of thorns when you were playing Jesus,maybe you giving the horse/ducks a elbow smash in the clouds).Continued Success
I was going more for a newscast/interview vibe here, but yeah I do think there is room for stuff like this in the future for sure.

It's not perfect, I could have written and acted it out a bit tighter, but I'm proud of all the green screen and video editing techniques I learned on the fly to put it together. Hope you enjoy!

Okay so Julie and watched this after wine just now.

first 1:21 Julie was ready to give up, but I assured her (knowing VD) that something creative was going to happen.
The next 2 minutes proved I was right. We both laughed at the concept of asking social media for questions to Jesus. We both liked the 7/11 bit.
The last minute, I personally thought it was rushed and took away from what you were going for. Julie thought the direction you took was cute, but also could've done more with it and tighter.

All in all, you have the concept. You have the aesthetic. Now just work a bit on the bit itself and you’ll be golden pal.