Giving Comedy a Try

• Start date
  • Replies 270 Comments
  • Views 5,962 Views
Haha he takes down legend squidpo!

I enjoyed that man, good stuff. Good to hear your thoughts processes while you play.

Your game reminds me what I know of what Doug Polk talks about, I've gone through his free stuff, bought one $10 preflop course and that's it.

You ever buy any of his stuff? It's pretty pricy.
Nah, haven't bought his stuff. Have watched hundreds of hours of hand breakdowns though, so am certainly up on his strategies!

I played 4.5 hours of $1/$3 NL at Resorts World last week. I saw Jamie Gold and Rampage playing at other tables.

I won $560 over those 2 sessions. I lost $$ on baseball sports betting (very predictably after my pre-Vegas baseball heater) and I dumped about $200 playing video poker but it was a lot of fun.

Have you been able to turn a small profit yet with this, Dave?
Thanks for asking!

No, and there isn't any real path to it at the moment.

It hasn't been a total waste of time. My short videos have done okay. +500 subscribers on YouTube, +800 on TikTok, +2000 on Instagram.

But shorts don't make any money. You have to have success with longer videos on YouTube to make money, and no matter what video type I have experimented with, I'm getting nowhere there. Everything dies with under 200 views, usually under 50.

Obviously I'm the most to blame for not putting out good enough videos. But YouTubes algorithm isn't helping me much as it keeps recommending me to the wrong people and then deciding since they don't like me to kill the video dead.

I do believe there is an audience for me out there. I think the millions of views and thousands of likes and comments I've gotten on the short videos indicate that. But I can't figure it out.

I'm at a dead end with long videos. Short videos I'll keep plugging away with, they are fun and easy to make. And if my growth rate continues I could hit 10K followers on Instagram, which starts to open up some possibilities for sponsorships, collabs, etc. So we'll see how it goes.

I know a instagram cook blog girl personally.

Remember when she had 5K followers in 2015.

Then a recipe went viral in 2017, she went on Dr OZ for an episode feature.

Jumped up to 50K followers. You can start to make a living with it at this point.

80K followers by 2018. Easily over 6 figures.

Took several years to get over 100K, currently at 112K followers. Think she makes a safe 200K a year.

Seems like she spends 60 hours a week marking content. Merged from cooking to family life and clothes, everyday life etc. Non-stop stories of her entire life.

I know a instagram cook blog girl personally.

Remember when she had 5K followers in 2015.

Then a recipe went viral in 2017, she went on Dr OZ for an episode feature.

Jumped up to 50K followers. You can start to make a living with it at this point.

80K followers by 2018. Easily over 6 figures.

Took several years to get over 100K, currently at 112K followers. Think she makes a safe 200K a year.

Seems like she spends 60 hours a week marking content. Merged from cooking to family life and clothes, everyday life etc. Non-stop stories of her entire life.
That's awesome! And yeah, exactly, it's certainly possible.

Like you mentioned, once you have a big enough following, you can start to branch into other categories. Hopefully if I keep chugging along, I'll catch some kind of break (like that viral recipe) at some point and be off to the races!

You're not aggressive enough, Grab 'em by the pussy
Damn so not being aggro has prevented me from getting famous on YT AND got me blocked by Stevey. Gotta start taking a testosterone booster or something.

I think this girl is about to pop off and go viral.

Only has 700 followers so far. Just wait.

thoughts, dave?
What makes you think so? Pretty girls with onlyfans are a dime a dozen. She has been at it for a while. Doesn't seem to post frequently enough. Could happen obviously but I think there are better sleeper picks out there!

killing it - lost so much weight as well

this is the year of vegas dave

wood dragon

Haha awesome, they even link to it directly

Vegas Dave makes the cover image of a CNN article might give mister monkey a stroke