• Start date
  • Replies 27 Comments
  • Views 990 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Seems people around town have been having their debit cards pirated. There was a Marathon station in town that several residents claimed to have been hit while making purchases for gas or in the Dairy Queen attached. Supposedly the station was using a bank in a nearby town and their security had been breached.

Since that time there have been others who have been hit at other businesses. I thought it was all rather comical but now I got got too and damn if I'm laughing.

It's one thing to have been violated and had money stolen from you but these fok'rs didn't spend my money at a strip club or a Home Depot or even to buy groceries. Nope they fok'n used my hard earned money at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Our planet is crawling with criminals. It's disgusting.

little likely the bank got breached, it was the store that was using a credit card skimmer, avoid paying with debit cards as much as you can, you should be using the debit card only at atm really, use credit and pay it off every month, recover your credit and protect yourself at the same time

dont assume the bank will have your back each time, they will fuck you as well

Only rednecks, steers, and queers use debit cards.

I take cash out of my bank's machine and live almost entirely on cash. Only suckers use their debit cards at high risk locations. i will use my Mastercard for other purchases so if there is a problem, it is Mastercard's problem, not mine.

The most common way to steal card information is skimming... always check the machine to make sure the card reader has not been tampered with.

cosnumer1.jpg

actually I've been using it less

Also the service charges can really add up if you don't pay attention to where you use the card... I hate being nickel and dimed to death

I wish I owned some atm machines. Amazing how many people use them to withdraw $20 and pay a $2.50 fee.

Why? You have no protection and dont earn points with debit cards.

The points really add up fast if you run everything thru that card. You also spend less If you don't have cash laying around.

I've never owned a debit card. Guess I don't have to worry about this.

Same on ATM machines. Pay phones of our generation, is what they are.

The points really add up fast if you run everything thru that card. You also spend less If you don't have cash laying around.

I paid for over 1/2 of my new laptop with points.

Make/model new laptop? Bacon is a geek and likes to see.