Finally Feeling The Affects

• Start date
  • Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 3,565 Views
Durito, those guys were complete idiots. Drugs may have been the reason or a non-factor but the fact that they tested positive can't be ignored.

To answer your question though, I;m not sure, I know one of them did.

Yeah and he also repealed the Glass-Steagall Act. How'd that work out?

Depends who you ask, and what financial stocks you have owned over the past 15 years or so.

Durito, those guys were complete idiots. Drugs may have been the reason or a non-factor but the fact that they tested positive can't be ignored.

To answer your question though, I;m not sure, I know one of them did.

Well then personally I'd be far more concerned with working around complete idiots than potheads (not that one can't be both).

Depends who you ask, and what financial stocks you have owned over the past 15 years or so.

Yeah because there's no way a financial services conglomerate could pose a threat to the system.

(see October 2008)

Yeah because there's no way a financial services conglomerate could pose a threat to the system.

(see October 2008)

How about if you shorted those financial stocks, in August of 2008.

The repeal of the Glass-Steagal act, made investors a lot of money in the late 1990's and early 2000's, in the end it contributed to the financial meltdown.

Well then personally I'd be far more concerned with working around complete idiots than potheads (not that one can't be both).

I'm concerned with both. Fortunately today all that stuff is pretty much in my past except when we have really bad storms that knockout services or are on emergency stand-bye like during a hurricane or something. Safety is still a concern for others though.

I'm not saying that some guy who smokes pot can't be safe but when there is an accident and when it involves someone who test positive it does more damage than just the surface. Those in charge see some guy who uses drugs was involved in an accident and let it go instead of doing due diligence and seeing if training and or supervision was at fault.

No Tully.

Guys used to keep beer in their personal coolers in their personal vehicles and they would ice those coolers down at the end of the work day but someone took their beer out when putting ice in the cooler and didn't put it all back in the cooler and a supervisor spotted it the next morning. So now no-one is permitted any alcohol in their personal cooler or vehicle on city property.

Grounds for automatic termination according to personnel policy.

How about if you shorted those financial stocks, in August of 2008.

The repeal of the Glass-Steagal act, made investors a lot of money in the late 1990's and early 2000's, in the end it contributed to the financial meltdown.

Yeah, I understand all that. In fact, that was exactly what I was getting at. If you're Herb and Marion Sandler, yeah, you did just fine.

The guy that was working for 40 years in a factory and retired in 2009 got the shaft.

You work in a fokken office environment Matty. You have no clue about working around high power electrical lines. 3-phase transformer, heavy equipments, lift stations that can fill with methane gas. You want to work with an office buddy who bakes before coming to his office job that's great Matty but I personally don't wanna work with a guy who has my life in his watch on my job.

As it stands now any employee who gets involved in a work related injury has to take a drug test. In the past 5 years 66% (there have only been 3) of our work related injuries the person was positive for drugs in their system.

its common sense for an employer to test for drugs if an accident occurs. then workers comp wont foot the bill and the employers rates dont go up.
I had a guy fall at work couple weeks ago( stepping out of garage with no stairs, just a bucket to step on and his dumbass missed the bucket). he left saying he was going to hospital.
I informed him he would be drug tested if he wanted to claim WC. nothing personal, just business. he's a friend... same guy I loaned $370 to many months before to keep his lights/water turned on cause we were short on work. he has yet to pay me a dime w/out me taking it out of his check. and for the record he smokes before work, I dont have a problem with it as long as its not causing problems.... I used to smoke also until I realized I couldnt learn a damn thing while stoned

work4sex.gif

Wally, you post a lot during the day, from your government job....right?

For good wages?

Yeah blame the unions, everyone should earn minimum wage.

Plommer, being from Michigan, I run the risk of being murdered for such a statement. You should be proud of my sacrifice.
:littleboy: