Favourite fast food

• Start date
  • Replies 64 Comments
  • Views 5,310 Views
Doner kebab. Not at all popular in the US but I know there are some doner places in eastern Canada. Xpy knows what I'm talking about.

Real fast food in NYC is found in the amazing hole in the wall Asian take out places, Korean sandwich shops, pizza joints, meatball in a cup stands, food trucks, etc.

Not the big wigs and chains.

All real New Yorkers know this.

I think it was obvious to 99% of the forum that my list consisted of burger joints.

I'm more of a street foodie than you, but wouldn't include my favorite Ukrainian and Cambodian spots on the burger list..

IAG - careful. I just saw a thing on TV yesterday about Subway and how many additives and crap are in their food. It's really not healthy.

OH NOES!!!!

You saw something on tv about subway being unhealthy. We better all put it on our 'NEVER EAT AGAIN' list!

Doner kebab. Not at all popular in the US but I know there are some doner places in eastern Canada. Xpy knows what I'm talking about.

Plenty of Doner in NYC. I think xpy lives in OZ.

He does. I referring to the fact that Doner is really big in Australia. That was poorly worded on my part, though.

Glad NYC has some Doner now; I was there about four years ago and looked around for it but only found one place that had it. Sadly it wasn't very similar to the ones I've had in Europe and Australia.

I'm more of a street foodie than you,

True. Because those places are cheap, like you.

I go to much better and nicer places. Places you wouldn't be able to get a reservation at.

True. Because those places are cheap, like you.

I go to much better and nicer places. Places you wouldn't be able to get a reservation at.

That's not relvant to your original post about street food being the best for locals. But nice try sunshine.

I'm so disappointed that rich old internet dating creeps won't take me to fancy restaurants in exchange for bukakke.

Kudos hun.

No but my neighborhood is Ukrainian influenced.

IAG - careful. I just saw a thing on TV yesterday about Subway and how many additives and crap are in their food. It's really not healthy.

Well hell, didn't they use to bake all of their bread fresh in the stores? Thank you for the heads up. I figured the meat had some nitrates but seems like there is always an article saying something or other is bad for you. Apparently the biggest problem is in the wheat bread and nitrates in the turkey. I don't get cheese of any dressing of any kind. Obviously better than most fast food, but since I'm trying to eat more organically I will read up some more on this.
I hadn't had it in a year or so but was honestly thinking of eating it more often. I guess I'm better off going to whole foods for bread and making my own. I dont' know. I'm a lot older than you. I have less to lose. This was a little disturbing though..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/subway-employees-fired-for-baking-bread-into-the-shape-of-pe