Favourite fast food

• Start date
  • Replies 64 Comments
  • Views 5,348 Views
Shake shack - way too much hype and long lines for little return.

Real fast food in NYC is found in the amazing hole in the wall Asian take out places, Korean sandwich shops, pizza joints, meatball in a cup stands, food trucks, etc.

Not the big wigs and chains.

All real New Yorkers know this.

oh oh realist New Yorker :pally:

sounds like yall eat too much

Yes and it's highly overrated.

1. In n out
2. Shake shack

3. A dozen other places

15. 5 guys

in_and_out.jpg

Yes and it's highly overrated.

1. In n out
2. Shake shack

3. A dozen other places

15. 5 guys

Agree on all counts.

I thought my friends were playing a joke on me when they took me to Five Guys and told me it was amazing.

It was hot doo doo.

Here's a not so pleasant food story but it has to come out!

Was like a local deli/convenience store that we would get cheese steaks from many years ago! No big corp name, owner himself running the register almost every day! Well one hot summer day you couldn't see the cook preparing unless you went out of your way area to peek in! Normally relatively semi-busy but slow that day!

Somehow went to that area and old blonde headed woman was at grill! Now mine you back then gloves weren't used at all! But the problem was with her long SWEATY hair, when she got her hand and wiped back all the moisture on her head! Then proceeded to grab our rolls and make our steak sandwiches! I lost my appetite!

The guy was a cool dude trying to make a regular living so paid for samis, went home, told MrsM what happened, threw out samis! Of course never went back and place that was there for years closed up maybe close to a year later! The old dirty blonde did him in I guess!

in and out is kinda special. I don't know why but their food tastes unusually fresh.

Its interesting how they don't have anything besides burgers. And its basically the same burger, no chicken etc..

Here's a not so pleasant food story but it has to come out!

Had a similar thing happen when the old lady making my BLT bagel cut her finger then licked it and without missing a beat (or washing her hands) went right back to making my food as I watched as my jaw dropped.

I told her to forget it and refund my money.

We enjoy Pizza Box on Bleecker St when we're in NYC. Unpretentious, cheap place with classic thin slices.

It's been a while though.

Oh no she di'n't.

I caught that too :lol:

Monk - wtf

Plom - wtf

I'll admit Taco Bell can be enjoyable every once in awhile despite all of the horrible stories. There was one awhile back about how there were spider eggs in some lady's food and spiders started coming out of her mouth. Seemed far fetched to me. I like how when it comes out of you it smells almost exactly how it did going in.

I'll admit Taco Bell can be enjoyable every once in awhile despite all of the horrible stories. There was one awhile back about how there were spider eggs in some lady's food and spiders started coming out of her mouth. Seemed far fetched to me. I like how when it comes out of you it smells almost exactly how it did going in.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/tacobell.asp

ewwwwwwww.

Thank god I don't eat fast food.

I just had Subway...those 5 dollar footlong commercials finally wore me down. It was damn good.

IAG - careful. I just saw a thing on TV yesterday about Subway and how many additives and crap are in their food. It's really not healthy.

You can't go wrong with a pita sandwich filled with grilled meatballs.

IAG - careful. I just saw a thing on TV yesterday about Subway and how many additives and crap are in their food. It's really not healthy.

those places all have a distinctive smell of rotting vegetables.