• Replies 79 Comments
  • Views 2,311 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
I want to know the rest of the story. I think the process here is fucked up, but guy is obviously hiding something.

Oops..hold for video

I dunno but I think I want whatever is in his bag or on his person.

:guitar:

Seems to me that everyone was reasonable in this situation - TSA tried to do its thing, guy asked if it was an order, TSA said they were just asking, guy left, police was allegedly called and they didn't pursue the matter.

Complete non-event.

hmm....so arrived, you'd think he should have been able to leave like everyone else, unless there was suspicion that he was smuggling something. OR maybe they are trying to cover their butts and not get in trouble because someone didn't do their job right....that seems unlikely though. I've never flown, so I don't understand, aside from what I already stated, as to why they would need to complete a screening AFTER he got off the plan. and what in the heck are they wearing medical gloves for?!! Are they going to poke his butthole?!

I get people have their rights, and that seems pretty obscure, but, personally, if all they are going to do is scan myself and my bag, sure ok. no biggie, or, if I felt like being an asshole, just ignore them all together and walk away.

Also, DON'T lose your boarding pass/ticket. tsk tsk.

Seems to me that everyone was reasonable in this situation - TSA tried to do its thing, guy asked if it was an order, TSA said they were just asking, guy left, police was allegedly called and they didn't pursue the matter.

Complete non-event.

*Were

Thanks cami. I actually appreciate being corrected when I slip up.

Police is a singular noun in French. I'm very likely to make the same mistake again.

Just returning the favor, dear friend...

wait, you said it's a singular noun in French, so how would you pluralize it then?

I dunno but I think I want whatever is in his bag or on his person.

:guitar:
Agreed

Complete non-event.
I've been thinking about it. No way they should be able to scan him after he landed. If there was suspicion of drugs or something the police should have been called and been waiting. Maybe he had pot on him which was illegal in Minneapolis/to bring on flight, but not a crime to possess in Denver. That's the only thing I can think of.

hmm....so arrived, you'd think he should have been able to leave like everyone else, unless there was suspicion that he was smuggling something. OR maybe they are trying to cover their butts and not get in trouble because someone didn't do their job right....that seems unlikely though. I've never flown, so I don't understand, aside from what I already stated, as to why they would need to complete a screening AFTER he got off the plan. and what in the heck are they wearing medical gloves for?!! Are they going to poke his butthole?!

I get people have their rights, and that seems pretty obscure, but, personally, if all they are going to do is scan myself and my bag, sure ok. no biggie, or, if I felt like being an asshole, just ignore them all together and walk away.

Also, DON'T lose your boarding pass/ticket. tsk tsk.
I always trash/leave my boarding pass on the plane. You shouldn't need it once you board. Certainly not once you land. TSA always wear gloves.. I assume if it is for sanitation related reasons. I think it has something to do with fingerprints also.

wait, you said it's a singular noun in French, so how would you pluralize it then?

You wouldn't really pluralize it, for the same reason that police is always plural in English. It's a convention.

The noun la police refers to the police corps/unit. Saying les polices is slang/improper. You can say les policiers (the cops), but police itself is always a singular noun.

You wouldn't really pluralize it, for the same reason that police is always plural in English. It's a convention.

The noun la police refers to the police corps/unit. Saying les polices is slang/improper. You can say les policiers (the cops), but police itself is always a singular noun.

I'm confused.http://www.cliffsnotes.com/foreign-languages/french/french-i/french-i-nouns/the-plural-of-nouns

This makes it sound like you would change it and the article to the plural if talking about a collective.

I'm also rethinking learning French after reading this.

police is invariable (again, both in French and English) so those rules don't apply

police is invariable (again, both in French and English) so those rules don't apply
No it's not. At least in English, police is a collective noun always taking the plural verb.

IAG
No it's not. At least in English, police is a collective noun always taking the plural verb.

That's what invariable means. It doesn't vary.

Singular in French.

Plural in English.

Invariable.

Don't make me drive all the way to SD to slap you.

That's what invariable means. It doesn't vary.

Singular in French.

Plural in English.

Invariable.

Don't make me drive all the way to SD to slap you.
Sheep is an invariable noun as the same word can be used in the singular in the plural. Police is always plural. It is not invariable. If you want to make it singular you have to add something like "officer."