• Start date
  • Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 2,294 Views

AMBy

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I got Directv last year for the simple reason of having the ticket...because it is awesome. So I called them up this year letting them know that I was going to cancel because it was too expensive (i had no intentions of doing such) and they lowered the price down to $120 for the year.

I told them...I think that is still too much money (too see if they would lower it any more) and they couldn't cut the price more but did give me Staz and Showtime channels for free for the next 3 months. I would say I won on this deal!

:cheerleader::cripwalk::winna:

No wayyyyyy, a flat fee for the entire year? Or are you talking about $120 for the Sunday Ticket?

No wayyyyyy, a flat fee for the entire year? Or are you talking about $120 for the Sunday Ticket?

$120 for the Sunday Ticket all you have to do is call and complain.

I notice nfl.com charged my bank account $239.99.

I guess they have me on some sort of auto-renew for nfltv thing (it's basically sunday ticket online for people outside the usa). I would have got it anyway, but damn that's expensive.

$349 for the year with the SUperfan package (which gives all the games in HD and the Redzone channel)

I get the suoerfan package because I need to see all the games in less than a half hour. I find that it helps me out if I have a library of games to look at for teams to see how they have been doing for a few weeks at a time. I'm going to employ the call and complain method this season, seeing that I am now unemployed, and I can use that money for drinking.

I just bought an HDTV yesterday, been wanting one for yrs but never pulled the trigger.
didnt think I could make it through this season without HD...

but been looking at switching over to DISH or DIRECT from my cable.
DISH doesnt get ABC and DIRECT doesnt get CBS here, WTF.
I have to have CBS cause they broadcast alot of SEC games, ABC I could do without if I had to.

guess I'll stick with Mediacom cause they said if I return the old box they'll give me an HD reciever for free.

has anyone ever bought the ESPN gameplan package?

Why would I need any kind of special package I have to pay for? I already get all the Bills games on regular TV.:dance:

Why would I need any kind of special package I have to pay for? I already get all the Bills games on regular TV.:dance:

Yeah but you can't watch your favourite hockey team (The Canadiens) without a package because the Leafs are always on CBC.

best way to cut cost with dtv...get about 5-10 receivers on your account then split them up with friends and split the bill :)

I just have the redzone channel (Verizon Fios) and I love it. It was 99 last year but I'm sure that will go up this year.

but been looking at switching over to DISH or DIRECT from my cable.
DISH doesnt get ABC and DIRECT doesnt get CBS here, WTF.
I have to have CBS cause they broadcast alot of SEC games, ABC I could do without if I had to.

Do you live out of range for over-the-air broadcasting? If you're in a metro area, you can get the networks in HD with a $20 antenna, and the feed is usually a couple seconds faster than cable/satellite, if you're live-betting.

I just have the redzone channel (Verizon Fios) and I love it. It was 99 last year but I'm sure that will go up this year.

That's all I have and love it! If I had the Direct TV package the clicker on the remote would be history in 2 weeks. Constant clicker to see every play possible, I need to slow down!

Great job AMBy!

NFL Network costs me like $7 a month and it comes with NFL RedZone

I really don't need to see all the games if you have RedZone, especially since my local has all the Bears games

And I need to watch them lose at least 8 times a year

Sounds like you made quite the deal though Amby

I dropped the Package after about 8 years of having it. Soley a cost cutting move hear; I loved it.

MrX
Do you live out of range for over-the-air broadcasting? If you're in a metro area, you can get the networks in HD with a $20 antenna, and the feed is usually a couple seconds faster than cable/satellite, if you're live-betting.

I'll have to check in to that.
never heard of such a thing...
I'm always behind on the tech stuff, hence me just now buying an HDTV

so you buy an antenna, do you still have to have cable?
what about a HD reciever?