Curling

• Start date
  • Replies 216 Comments
  • Views 19,203 Views
wait a minute. Canada loses in the semifinals so we get no more updates? Is that what I'm hearing?:cop: that is very American

Yeah, with curling in Canada it is pretty much gold or failure. Cruel but true.

For the record, the Canadian Ladies ended up winning a bronze medal.

Canada now 5-0.

Those diabolical Chinese, who were nowhere on the curling radar just a few short years ago, are right on their tail at 4-1. More traditional powers, Scotland and Sweden are also 4-1.

The Finns are looking sharp as usual

WM2011_More-Pants_MB_sm.jpg

I bet they wore those pants on a dare.

Golfers from the 70's would be jealous.

No that is the normal Finnish curling mojo

thomas-ulsrud-2011-4-2-19-50-25.jpg

Even their paralympic team is in style

111223145319491_VAND5_WCC_1969.mainpicture_612.jpg

Wheelchair curling seems more fun than the regular version.

Actually, they should throw people on wheelchairs instead of rocks.

It is an interesting field though. The emergence of China from curling obscurity has been a big ominous thing in recent years. The Chinese women have actually won a World Championship already. This is the first time the men have flexed their muscles.

Russia is in the field. That is fairly new. They are sitting at 0-5 but whatever, they earned a spot. Czech Republic is there. I'm not sure if they have been there before. I think probably but not a lot anyway.

Missing are France, Italy, Germany, Australia.

Wheelchair curling seems more fun than the regular version.

Actually, they should throw people on wheelchairs instead of rocks.

The most fun show on tv.

5cfg5qP.jpg

7Tl23Wl.jpg

T4207ci.jpg

g5mrbJH.jpg

JumC5RN.jpg

JE9kxkX.jpg

so you're saying the Japanese have given up on their hockey program?

Canada now 5-0.

Those diabolical Chinese, who were nowhere on the curling radar just a few short years ago, are right on their tail at 4-1. More traditional powers, Scotland and Sweden are also 4-1.

The Finns are looking sharp as usual

WM2011_More-Pants_MB_sm.jpg

now thats fagotitty :fagotitty:

I have been doing a terrible job of reporting.

First of all, the Women's 2013 title was won by Scotland skipped by Eve Muirhead, the youngest skip ever to win.

Secondly, that is of course the Norwegians, not the Finns, with the snazzy pants.

Argh! Canada coughs up their round robin game versus the Czech Republic.

Alright, Canada bounces back with a win over the colorful and skilled Norwegians.

Although they are alone in first place at 6-1, I found some reason to be concerned about the play of skip Brad Jacobs. He does not inspire my confidence like some of our great skips. But hopefully he can tighten it up.

They play a couple teams from the bottom of the standings today, Japan and Russia, so I am looking for 2 W's, no questions asked.

Canada gives up a 3-ender to Japan in the 3rd.

:facepalm:

They are only trailing 3-2 - with hammer - so it is not time to declare a state of emergency and call in the military, but still:

Another 3-ender for Japan. We now trail 7-4.

Japan for chrissakes! For the love of Pete!

Canada scraps back to tie it at 8 and force an extra end. Japan has hammer for it.

Can't watch it on TV though because of fucking NHL trade deadline coverage.

:mudcat:

Neva mind. Japan wins. Canada drops into a first place tie with Scotland. I believe the first tiebreaker, if it comes to that, is head-to-head results which Canada won.