Curling

• Start date
  • Replies 216 Comments
  • Views 19,028 Views
Furthermore:

For the Brier final, TSN expects to average 1.5 million. If it ends up being Kevin Martin vs. Glenn Howard, the audience could push two million.

I guess the Raptors were a bad comparison on my part. They are not in the same league (so to speak).

We're talking Maple Leafs territory.

Now if the Leafs ever had a playoff run that would be different.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

no but really

Curling is a sport by any definition. There is no debate.

But if anyone personally doesn't enjoy it and wants to teach it a lesson for being something they don't enjoy, and saying it is not a sport is their way of doing it, I'm sure curling is suitably taken aback.

:lmao: I hope I taught golf a good lesson. :punches:

And I didn't know there was all kinds of curling going on in Riga :dunno:

Riga gets the chix this year.

The men are in Victoria BC.

Team Howard from Ontario remains unbeaten at the Brier, now 7-0.

Gushue took his first loss yesterday and is 7-1.

Stoughton still solid as fok at 6-1.

Kevin Martin won his only game yesterday and is 3-4. If he can run the table he can still make the playoffs and then anything can happen. He is more than capable. He is the guy who went undefeated through the whole Olympic tournament on his way to the Gold Medal.

If it ended up with those 4 teams in the playoffs that would be the curling fan's wet dream, but there are good teams in better position than Martin right now.

Rock on.

:curling:

Nice to see an obscure sport that performs good in a specific country. In brazil it's indoor 5 on 5 soccer. In Japan it's relay racing.

Nice to see an obscure sport that performs good in a specific country. In brazil it's indoor 5 on 5 soccer. In Japan it's relay racing.

Really?

I always thought the obscure soprt in Japan was fucking under age schoolgirls in uniform.

My bad.

Fischaaaaaaaaaaay!

But what are the betting limits?

I don't think of curling as that obscure. It is an Olympic sport with a long, vibrant international history and stable yearly world championships in mens, womens, junior mens/womens, mixed. There are many countries on 4 continents that are competitive at the highest levels.

Well okay the Australian team that did alright was composed of transplanted Canadians - BUT STILL!

saw curling at the olympics

free tickets

good times

Kevin Martin, after his disastrous 1-4 start, did run the table to finish 7-4 which would be enough to advance some years but not this year. So the 4 team Page Playoff begins today without him. Semi-final and final tomorrow.

4 time and defending World Champ Glen Howard from Ontario is the #1 seed after going 10-1 in the round robin.

2 time World Champ Jeff Stoughton (Manitoba) and Olympic Gold Medalist Brad Gushue (Newfoundland/Labrador) are also there.

Some guy I never heard of from Northern Ontario is attempting to play Cinderella.

It's March Madness baby!!

Cinderella (Jacobs of Northern Ontario) is still alive and plays Howard in the semis in about an hour with the winner playing Stoughton for all the marbles this evening.

Only thing is, I watched a bit of Cinderella yesterday and he seem like a dick so I basically say, fuck Cinderella.

Crusty Cinderella takes out Howard and is through to this evening's final.

I'll be clearly rooting for Stoughton in that one.

Well, I may have found him slightly off-putting at first but he had a great week, and he defeated three titans in a row in sudden death playoff games and he will be wearing the Red and White at the World Championships in Victoria in a few weeks so I am now officially and fully behind the Brad Jacobs rink.

940-brier-northern-ontario.jpg

Their substance of choice is shown right on the ice.

cca_curlingca_thumbnailtemplate16g.jpg